An open letter to the student body of my school. (very long)

JRR, I don’t think you have the slightest idea what the fuck you’re talking about.

NinjaChick is just letting off some steam. I can say from experiece that being assualted from every goddamn side every goddamn day in high school can be just a tad frustrating. She has a RIGHT to be angry. I don’t see anywhere in the OP that Ninja says she’s doing a ‘tough GRRRL’ act. She didn’t go out of her way to ‘flaunt’ her bisexuality (yes, I know that’s a detestable argument homophobes use, but it’s common). Instead, she told a few people she thought were trustworthy. They weren’t, and now she’s defending herself, which she has EVERY MOTHERFUCKING RIGHT to do.

In fact, it seems to me that Ninja is displaying quite an astonishing degree of maturity. She is going through the approved channels, writing down the insults and slurs used against her instead of blowing up and getting herself into trouble.

You quoted the line “keep it to yourself,” as if this were a perfect example of the girl’s in-your-face rudeness. Just what in the bloody hell do you expect her to do, exactly? Rejoice and do the bisexual dance while rumors and insults fly? Bullshit. Complete, utter, ridiculous fucking bullshit.

Also, I don’t give a shit if ‘gay’ has come, in your mind, to be synonymous with something being bad, it is still a slur, and it is still based on the negative connotations that ignorant asswipes such as yourself associate with queer sexuality.

Well, then I guess 90% of your graduating class is a big group of assholes. Somehow, I’m not surprised you’re a product of it.

Hey, JRR, is

in response to

?

Or did you simply ignore the content of the OP in order to sound condescending? I suspect that the impression you have left with most of us is different than the one you intended.

Oh, yeah, here you go: http://www.youth-guard.org/ It’s a collection of mailing lists for Queer youth, that you may enjoy.

I got tons of support from these mailing lists from before I came out until I was flying with my own wings. They’re awesome. Do check them out.

Compared to what’s come before, I got nothin’, but I would just like to say that there’s at least one more newbie out here in SDMBland who’s on your side. Do what you have to do, whatever that is, and be who you are and don’t pay any attention to anybody who has a problem with that. Highschool can be hell for anyone, but at least there’s a definite release date. For some people, it’s a “Best Before” date.

Polycarp and matt_mcl seem like they have their (I’ll say stuff, 'cuz you are still in school) together, iampunha’s apparently (I don’t question anybody’s mom) been there and done that and you’re not going to run short of either support or practical advice on this board, at least from what I’ve seen so far.

I’ll be happy to lend mine if you need it, though from the sounds of it I’d be better off asking you.

Hang in there, it gets better.

Everyone saying it doesn’t mean that it’s acceptable. Regardless of the ‘true’ meaning of the word, ‘gay’ has become accepted terminology for homoxexuality. Therefore, using it to mean ‘lame’, ‘stupid’, or ‘bad’ is (in my book, anyway), uncool. VERY uncool.

In reference to me being a ‘tough GRRRl’, I’m not. Admittedly, in the social spectrum of my school, I’ve always been somewhere between geek and tomboy. I suppose you could say I’m a ‘real ninja’, in that I am a black belt in TKD (I’d love to take you up on that offer, Gaijin btw). Because I take my training damn seriously, I don’t hit people just because they say something mean. The ONLY time I ever hit someone out of retaliation for a verbal comment was when a guy not only said something EXTREMELY inflamatory and derogatory to me regarding my sexuality, but about the fact that several of my closest friends are a different race than me. I did freak out, and decked him.

I do not flaunt my sexuality, I do not try and spread homosexuality, I honestly don’t give a shit who you’re checking out. Nor do I report every time someone uses the word ‘gay’ as an insult, because that’s just not pratical. But if someone says something to me along the lines of “You’re so fucking gay, slut,” I will. I’m NOT a snitch, I’m conscious of the fact that if I did nothing, my situation would be far worse. I take offense to your accusations, and would like to heartily say: fuck you for that post. you’re entitled to your opnion, I don’t like it.

But thanks to everyone else for the support, and thanks a million for the links, Matt_Mcl

:slight_smile: Glad I could help!

You don’t have to worry about hell, NinjaChick. That’s a place reserved for people who presume to stand between you and God.

lady, you rock.

keep fighting the good fight ninjachick, it’s the only way it’s going to be won.

Ninja, you rock hardcore. And FWIW, with the philosophy of TKD in mind, what you did in response to that jackass was justified, IMHO. Sometimes, as powerful as words can be in retaliation, the only way to shut someone up is to show that person that continuing down that line is only going to be to (in this case) his detriment. In addition, you didn’t hit first. That guy did.

And the wonderful thing about TKD, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, is that there are plenty of things that are both painful and embarassing to him (think about doing a spin-drop … guy lands on his ass, falls over and looks like an idjit. You walk away unphased. And most beautifully, it’s a trip. You didn’t punch him in the nose, you didn’t kick his dick in. Anyone can trip).

Here you go. Pay attention to Cisco and others who defend the notion after provided with proof they’re wrong.

Hi, NinjaChick.

I feel a lot of empathy for what you’re going through right now, and if you need someone to vent to or trade war stories with, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Also, as others have said, you have a world beyond high school to look forward to. Will some of the people who think the math teacher is gay be sitting next to you in Math 101 and saying the math prof is gay? Yeah, they’re at university, too. But the whole pond expands, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet many more people and exist on a much more anonymous level with the jerk-types.

And, Lamia, I’ve had plenty of experiences with the mentality you mentioned. Had a small rant going with an otherwise intelligent woman who didn’t understand what was offensive about men talking about lesbians like they were some great sideshow gift from god. :rolleyes:

Finally, brief hijack, Cadbury Angel, wow! Great username. Love it oodles.