And from the " Slut-Shaming Is The Way We Live, Deep In The Heart of Texas " Department...

OK, I’m as appalled by the quote as anyone, but the district has already said it doesn’t reflect their values and will be coming down asap, presumably before the kids even step foot back in the school for the year. Not really seeing the need for hair-pulling outrage here. It was probably one employee who thought it was a good idea, maybe with a glancing approval of the principal distracted by the early-August Texas heat.

Yes, bad idea for an inspirational quote.

And yes, even better move by the district to take it down. The end.

Right? What the heck am I missing here? Why is everyone so pissed?

Uh, you do know you can’t ignore a mod, right? Go ahead. Do it and you’ll find out how “fake” Miller is.

Besides, Ed’s old Pit rules have fallen by the wayside. There are no longer any restrictions against saying “Fuck you.”

No, you fucking goat felcher, have you taught your children that yet?, seeing as how you are such a responsible parent as to let your children read curse laden posts, like the fucking retarded love child of two fucking retarded love children that you are, which I highly doubt, Dio, you retard, Fake is a miller Mod.

:eek: Are you saying that Octopus is DtC Drunky???

No way. Really?? Nah, no way, you’re drunk. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would really, really, really like to know how you could possibly come up with that interpretation? :dubious:

That’s 11 miles from Clothahump’s dojo. Just sayin’.

You off your meds again?

Seriously? And these stupid so-called sock allegations are silly. PM a mod with all your and Morgenstern’s, where has that goofy sob been?, so-called proof on your allegation and do something. Or shut up.

And regarding my children, I’m not sure why you feel the need to bring them up. Have you any children Drunky? Do you have anyone to mourn you when you finally OD on whatever it is that has your mind so scrambled?

Potty mouth.

Maybe Humpy did it himself, knowing it would end up here for discussion. :D:D

Because you’re the one who was dumb enough to use them as an excuse to try and shame everyone for using language you don’t like. It’s not our responsibilty to raise your kids. Dumbass.

Go fuck yourself with a rusty chainsaw. :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s a radical reactionary. When it suits his purposes, no middle is so fallacious that he won’t leave it unexcluded.

How about no!

Listen here, Guinny, such obvious “fishing” for a potty mouth specifically for you is not how this works. I am insulted!!! that you think I am so easily manipulated. Do I look like I just fell off of the pickle boat?

It’s late here and I almost missed the part about “not our responsibility.” Yes. Yes. Come to the conservative side.

C’mon folks, don’t let the resident troll/s derail this thread.

Please? Just let them talk into a vacuum…that way the topic stays conversation-worthy and doesn’t degenerate into an Octoturd side-show.

“Them?” I’m not plural.

No, you look like you just got picked up off the ice at a Penguins game…

Those are some barbaric people. I tell you, in all seriousness, humans aren’t the only species on the planet that need to be treated with respect.

I just learned something interesting: octopus isn’t on everyone’s ignore list. Why not? I mean, you folks seem like intelligent people.

I don’t have anyone on an ignore list Monty. Doesn’t mean I can’t ignore them anyway. :smiley:

The article covers it fairly well: the quote implies that if boys don’t act like “gentlemen” it’s because girls haven’t acted like “ladies”. It places the entire onus for boys’ behavior on girls, when boys are responsible for their own behavior. This is a very, very, very old idea (Adam and Eve, for example) and people are tired of it, and feel that schools should not perpetuate it.

I’m off to find the Miller post.

I don’t have an ignore list either. I can scroll. Like when you just see the letters: Forthing… (scroll, scroll, scroll, almost over, scroll, scroll, next poster) :smiley: