And Then There Were Five: UPN, WB to Merge

True, but the i, as far as I can tell, does nothing other than rerun programming previously either made for or aired by PAX, and only the demands of NBC (a major shareholder) prevent it from going to an all-infomercial lineup. In short, I regard it as an already-dead network.

Hmm…I wasn’t aware of all the infomercials. That would explain the “I”. :slight_smile:

see, and I tho9ught PAX was the Christian Right’s favorite network, with all manner of family friendly and veiled religious messages

Make it seven: why does everyone forget PBS? Does not having commercials somehow make it only a pretend television network?

CW will be a combination of the “best shows” from both stations (take that for what it’s worth), and it is not a cable station. WB simply goes ba-bye. Will keep you all posted as events unfold (those that aren’t top secret, that is).

Wookinpanub-
your friendly UPN drone

Except in the La Crosse market, where the UPN station is going independant, and the the WB station (run by the ABC affiliate) is cable only. So CW will be cable only at least initially.

Does UPN have any plans to deal with current stations going independant? kunilou is yours going independant soon, or in the fall? Mine is going indie tomorrow.
Any plans on making VM downloadable (iTunes or otherwise)? because that may be my only way to see them

Brian

The reason the local UPN station went independant is that the local CBS station asked UPN HQ to be an affiliate. No word if they plan on broadcasting UPN.
titantv has it (UPN) listed as channel 8.2, but as far as I know they aren’t broadcasting digitally yet.

Brian

(sorry about 3 posts in a row)

Brian