Animal grouping

The name of the type of grouping used with different types of animals IE :pack of wolves , pride of lions , school of fish , pod of whales and so on and so on. I would like to look up more of these types of names but dont know where to start. If you know anything please help me out. Thanks Goof

They’re called “terms of venery” and there’s a wonderful book, “An Exaltation of Larks” by James Lipton, which is a collection of some of the more unusual (and sadly, unused) terms.

A peep of chickens.
A paddling of ducks.
A labor of moles.

a galleon of bloodthirsty pirates
a band of raving gypsies
a fuschia of drag-queens

oh…wait - - nevermind.

surfing to the rescue…

Sorry – I hit the wrong key. Let’s try that again…

OK, now if I only can wait 60 seconds to get around the automatic flooding detection…

“The dawn of a new era is felt and not measured.” Walter Lord