Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain due out on DVD this week!

They may be the funnest part of the show. I would have loved to have been one of the writers just because its seems like they had so much fun making these up.

A good job of poking fun at themselves, propelled to sheer brilliance by having Dick Button doing the commentary.

Well, she got to sing L.A. Dot (one of my favorites), but I don’t think that ever made it to any of the CDs.

I’ll have to check that out. I’ve always wondered what she looked and sounded like in real life. (Seen pictures on the net, but that isn’t quite a full picture.)

Second. I can’t remember what season that was in, but I await that one as well. :smiley:

I looked it up- it was episode number 74, so it would presumbaly appear on the third DVD set. Let’s hope sales are well enough that there is one.

“Join us next time when Yakko recites all the numbers larger than zero!”

Much, much later in my life (well, I was watching Animaniacs on TV when I was 11 or 12), having money to buy DVDs of things like Futurama and Animaniacs, I started noticing voice actors. Tress MacNeille, of course, was in both shows previously mentioned as was Frank Welker. It was while looking at the credits of Animaniacs the other day that I realized that Welker does basically the same voice as the announcer in Animaniacs as he does for Nibbler. So now I’m sitting there, imagining Nibbler announcing Animaniacs. Similarly, it wasn’t for years that I learned that Tom Bodett did some of the other announcing (which just strikes me as really funny for some reason) and Ben Stein as both Pip and as the fairy godfather in the movie. And, like Looney Tunes and several other things I watched as a kid, it’s funnier now that I know more. It was 6 years between me seeing “Hearts of Twilight” on Animaniacs and watching “Apocalypse Now” in class that I started to realize I had seen this before while watching the movie. I also get the other movie parodies (Michelangelo as Spartacus? I know I didn’t get that one), enjoy “Woodstock Slappy” on a whole new level (I got the “Who’s On First?” parody then) now that I know that The Who and The Band actually were at Woodstock (and that Yes wasn’t) and that The Band did perform sometime after The Who (and that they even got the time of day relatively right), and so on.