Annoying People Thread

O my goodness. Please don’t take this offensively if it doesn’t apply, but are you possibly in my Theory of Knowledge class? Because we have someone in my class EXACTLY like that… and the class is 90 minutes long. That’s insane. Maybe my friend should meet your “friend”

Jenny*

Terrorism class? No, I don’t think you’re being taught to be terrorists, but what are you being taught?

One of my friends has a girl in his Philosophy class that he refers to as Dreadfully Dull-witted Girl. Are you familiar with Plato’s Cave metaphor? We’re chained in a cave, and all we can see are the shadows of truth etc.? The prof explained it, and DDWG opened her mouth. Class flinched. DDWG, “I don’t understand. Why are we in the cave? Can’t we get out? What if I like being trapped in the cave? I know Plato says we’re chained down, so if we wriggle a lot, can we get out? What if we have crowbars?..”
My friend eventually started muttering, “It’s a metaphor. It’s a metaphor. IT’S A METAPHOR!” progressively louder, under his breath. Finally, the prof heard him, looked relieved, and said, “Why, yes, Ryan. You’re right. Thank you.” DDWG finally shut up.
Gah. A whole school year with her would be hell. Best quote: “I don’t understand why we’re talking about philosophy. This is dumb.”

Insecure people & people who brag. They are often one & the same.

My writing class is filled with them. Among my “favorites:”
Opinionated Stoner: All he does is rag on our principal, whine about legalizing hash and make all sorts of weird, nonsensical rants. He’s the kind of guy who would’ve voted for Nader but was too baked to figure out which switch to flip.

Dumbass Girl: Why the hell does she have to date my friend? She even looks like a dumbass. If you randomly looked at her you’d see her dumb, vacant expression regardless of what she was doing. And when she talks its like nails on a blackboard. Her voice isn’t that bad but trying to comprehend what she’s saying will give you a headache.

Loudmouth Jackass Yeah, he was funny when toppled Mrs. Leonardi’s reading rocket in the first grade, but it’s getting old pal. Apparently he thinks that being crude and immature makes him the shit.

On the other hand, it has the quiet blonde junior who’s new to town and if she had lenient parents…:smiley:

My number one spot for most-annoying-person-ever has recently undergone a change.
I took my first trip by train recently, thirty hours over two days, to get from Louisville to New York. The trip out wasn’t that bad. But… on the return leg from New York this guy got on at one of the stops and the conductor, who must have hated me or something, seated him right next to me. It wasn’t bad at first. Then he started talking. Absolute, incoherent nonsense. For the next fifteen hours. I tried reading, pretending I was asleep, nothing worked. He’d trail off for a while but then if I even so much as twitched he’d be off again.

“All the kings in England had green eyes, they got them from Scotland Yard. Not many people know that. I’ve got two flags because my grandfather was english. That’s why I’ve got two flags, one American and the other Canadian. I got it from Scotland Yard. People didn’t use to doubletalk the way they do now. They did more then. But that was the fifties. Not like now. A revolver is a handgun, I know that. Did you know that? Not many people know that.”
Aauugghhh! I may never take the train again.

Smelly guys aren’t only in Europe,Mondeo. Some have migrated to California, USA. I once worked with a guy who had such a strong body odor that if you were anywhere within about ten feet of him you could scarcely breathe. He may have had some medical condition that caused it, but he also might have had an aversion to soap.

Another person I worked with a few years ago was a very nice Korean man. Apparently he always had kimche for breakfast, heavily laden with garlic. I could be at my desk with my back to the door of my little office, and I could smell him coming when he was way down the hall. He’d poke his head in the door and I would say hello to him and call him by name without first turning around. He always said, “How did you know it was me?” I just told him I could see his reflection in the glazed picture on the wall in front of me. But it was his breath that gave him away. He wasn’t really annoying because he didn’t stay. But if I’d had to work beside him…whew!

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Nocturne *
**In one of my classes (which is basically a discussion class), we have the ever-classic I’m Going To Use Big Words and Talk Fast So You Won’t Realize I’m Full of BS Guy.
I used to have a supervisor who was the exact opposite of this guy. She spoke so slowly that staff meetings would take all morning. She used little tiny words and belaboreed every single point until we (all college educated persons of normal intelligence) were often lulled to sleep. Unfortunately, this would cause some of my colleagues to miss the actual point when she got to it, and so they would ask questions, thereby sending us off into another 20 minutes of explanation and extrapolation. Sigh.

Heeheehee, this threads is a hoot. Makes me feel better. Since I care for my grandmother 24/7 I really only interact with her on a daily basis. And only a few others weekly so I am thankfully bereft of annoying people. But there have been times in my life.

For instance a certain un-named family member who is into pot, likes pot, can’t understand why pot is illegal, and the whole hemp thing, and absolutely loves to talk about it and argue about it. Now I’m a mello guy. I mean I am a really really mello guy. I am the proverbial duck upon whom water is being poured. 99.9% of the people in my life have never seen me violent, never seen me angry, never even seen me miffed or heard me utter a single cuss word. But after years of enduring the “pot” dialog my dam finally burst and I screamed at the top of my lungs “FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! CAN WE TALK ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THEN POT! FUCK!” … The conversation stopped. It felt really good. We haven’t talked about it since.

P.S. Those classroom idiots are the worst. There you are paying good money to have your time wasted by an idiot. These people deserve a royal flying wedgie, grande style. There was a couple of these “dudes” in one of my Latin course several years back. Thankfully there was this woman in the class who was not afraid to let her dam burst on a daily basis. I found it quite amusing to hear her cuss out these guys right in the middle of class. Even though it only shut them up for a few minutes.

The Keyboard at 300 p.s.i Guy

Back in college, there was an ITstudent who would pop by in the computer lab quite regularly to check his e-mail and spend about a half-hour fiddling around. Most of the people in the lab would subsequently log off and move to a neighbouring lab because this extremely quiet environment (kinda creey-quiet) would be pierced by the thundering of his keyboard typing skills.

He would pound on the poor keyboard as if he was hammering out the Golberg Variations usually while chewing gum with his mouth open and cracking it every few seconds. It never dawned on him that typing at 300 psi did not make the computer understand the input any better than a non-English speaker can understand your Enlgish if you yell it.

I was thrilled when I got Internet access at home, freeing me from the computer lab.

My former job employed the Coffee Stealin’ Guy. This man was obsessed with not paying for coffee. He would sneak into restricted areas and drain office coffee pots dry when no one was looking, would even go to the nearby convenience store, fill his 72-oz mug and leave without paying!! (I knew this because the store manager would call giving CSG’s description, then we would have to force him to go back to pay) In lieu of small bonuses (this was sales office), he would constantly request unlimited access to the coffee pots. This was always denied because he was also the Office Pervert, having offended every secretary in the office the coffee pots resided. (tales for another thread)

This man drank coffee from the crack of dawn until the sun went down and would many times fall asleep in meetings!!! Drove us nuts.

Both of the most annoying people I know are in my Newspaper class at school.

There’s Needs Some Decaf Girl, who is far too hyper for her own good and can’t stand corrections. She will sit there and argue with you for hours about a simple typo or grammatical error, insisting, “But it’s correct! Don’t change my oh-so-precious work!” (A bit exaggerated, but that’s what it sounds like sometimes.)

The other person is Too Much Information Girl. She comes in, sits down and starts talking to the teacher about every little tiny detail that has happened so far in her mundane life. She always ends with “And I would really like some chocolate. Like a candy bar or something.”

Let’s see. There are also the 7th grade boys who hang out in front of the middle school (just down the road) and think they’re the masters of the universe. They love to toy with people’s emotions, especially those younger than them, and they make you want to beat them up.

Another annoying student is Doesn’t Listen Girl. She sits right next to me in English, and always questions every announcement the teacher makes. “What, we had to read chapters 5 and 6 last night? You never said that!” or “What is this, a pop quiz? You didn’t tell us there’d be a test!”

She did (somewhat) get her comeuppance the other day, though. We had an essay test, and the teacher handed out a sheet of paper which had six subjects we could write on. In bold letters at the top, it said “PICK ONE SUBJECT FOR YOUR ESSAY.”

She immediately asked, “Do we have to write an essay about all of these?”

The teacher’s response was a very loud, aggravated, sharp-toned “Read the directions!” She looked abashed, rightfully, and read them.

Ah, that’s it for now, though there are certainly more.