Here’s another geocaching puzzle (if somebody can help, it will save my sanity)!
Bogus coordinates: N 42° 00.000 W 071° 00.000
Geocaching guidelines state actual coordinates must be within 2 miles of bogus; creator of puzzle told me it’s approximately 2.1 miles (not much of a difference).
This is the “puzzle” to be decoded into numbers:
Clues, according to the creator, are:
- not any type of official code or cipher; it’s something they created them self.
- “it’s at your fingertips”
- “After all, the shape of the number is a type of font. Think about what the numbers could mean, what they might stand for.”
Note: still waiting for clarification if they really meant to say “letter” instead of “number”
- Upper and lower case numbers - meaningful or red herrings?
- Upper case letters = 7 (number of digits in North coordinates); Lower case letters = 8 (number of digits in West coordinates).
- First block of letters = 8 (number of digits in West coordinates); Second block of letters = 7 (number of digits in North coordinates).
H E L P!! ~ I need my sanity back! :eek: