Another loud neighbor thread

I’m so done with the upstairs couple from hell.

Backstory: I’ve lived in apartments my entire life. I know there is some amount of noise that is to be expected and I can deal with that. My current building has only 4 apartments, 2-2 bedroom units and 2-1 bedroom units. Each unit has the exact same layout and the 1 is over the 1, the 2 over the 2.

I’ve lived here 4 years with Mr.Cattitude, we started out on the top floor in a 1 BR. Last year we had our son and when a 2 BR became available on the lower floor, we took it (about 6 months ago). The couple above us had been living here only a short time before that. They are not young, probably in their late 60’s ,just to state that it’s not a pair of wild 20 year olds.

I know that he’s a pastor and she doesn’t work and they keep odd hours. They keep very early and very late hours. I have no idea when the hell they sleep. They drop shit as soon as they come in, which is always after 10 pm and usually goes on until 1 or 2 in the morning. I’m not talking about the random fork either, I’m talking CRASH, on hardwood floors. There are nights when I’ve been awakened up to 4-5 times. Sometimes it sounds like they drop a bag of marbles. I thought I was being too hard on them so over the course of a week, I wrote down every single time I dropped something on my floor. Three. Three times in a week. They do it a minimum of 3 times a night and more like 5-6.

Also, they have no concept that it is fucking rude to wear heeled shoes at 7 am on a Sunday morning for 30 minutes. Or 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning, WTF? When I lived upstairs I never put my shoes on until I was 5 seconds from walking out the door because I knew how loud that shit was.

When we first moved in I spoke with them nicely about this. About 2 months later I asked my landlord to speak with them. About a month after that, my hubs spoke with them. I’m tired of losing sleep, my son has been woken up as well. I certainly don’t expect anyone to tiptoe around but jeez, am I being unreasonable?

I’m about to have one more nice talk with them before I completely lose my shit. What do I say?

I feel your pain. All I can say is never, ever rent living space under someone else’s.

If I were you, I’d be shopping for a new apartment. That amount and frequency of noise is intolerable.

What do they say when it’s brought to their attention? Do they acknowledge that they’re excessively noisy?

I believe that all upstairs neighbors should be shot. I feel your pain.

You could ask him as a pastor to pray with you over your upstairs neighbors, that you may not kill them in frustration with their noise. Maybe he’ll get the hint?