Another “What are these things?” thread.

Posting for a Facebook friend. She found them in her house and has no idea what they are.

Wood screws and rubber make me think that they held something in place, maybe a cable but the long tube confuses me.

Those are for a washing machine. Specifically for transporting a front-loader. Those are screwed through the back to, I believe, keep the drum from moving while it’s being transported. The little hooked bit on the center one helps hold the cord.

There’s instructions and pics here:

That’s definitely it. Thanks Lancia.

Front-load washing machines have a heavy lump of concrete attached to the back of the drum to act as a counter to unbalanced contents and give it stability when spinning. Left unsecured, the drum can thrash around in transit causing damage.

How the hell did you know that?

9 minutes.:eek: Very nice.:wink:

Here is a short video explaining the use and removal.

Since the first one was answered so quick, what is this thing installed on my water heater? I think it’s an anti scald device but I can’t tell if it’s at all adjustable it how it’s supposed to work exactly. It has what appear to be adjusting screws but touching them just makes the thing leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My omnipotence knows no bounds!

Well… maybe it does. That would be my guess although I’d have to see where those individual pipes are coming from / going to. If it’s mixing cold water into the hot supply then I’m sure you’re right. Otherwise… no clue.

Presumably the same way I did (though I was beaten to it and wasn’t able to show off my washing machine expertise). By having bought and unpacked a washing machine. :slight_smile: