Answer this quickly (and hopefully correctly)

Hey! You totally copied that off of my paper! (I gave that answer in the other math thread yesterday, which I am too lazy to look up.)

Actually, us copying off each other probably isn’t the best idea for our math grades - how about we go to the cafeteria and eat french fries and gossip instead? :smiley:

Math. Not even once.

You can join us in the cafeteria if you like (especially if you have some good gossip). :slight_smile:

I hate you people. I’m going to the cafeteria.

nm

Wait for me! I wanna come too, it’s pizza day!

And I’m getting chocolate milk…I don’t care what “society” says!

It’s not Sicilian pizza is it? If so, then pie are squared.

You can’t sit with us.

Fine, more square root beer for me.

• sigh *

The clearest sine of a trainwreck thread is unbounded tangents.

RDRR, so derivative.

When I was in Australia, I joked around wondering whether they called their 20 cent pieces “fifths.”

Nobody appreciated my humor.

I wouldn’t have got this if it wasn’t explained. Though I knew it couldn’t be .10 because that seems like the answer.

Two things.

1. I suspect people are overthinking the question. It’s so simple, really. I think people are looking for a trick or something. I suck at math, didn’t take any more math classes than I had to, had MAJOR issues in algebra because I had to prove my work…which is the whole point and lesson, and I couldn’t do it. Could get the answer, sure, but couldn’t tell you HOW. So I practically failed. But this question is so simple, no algebra or anything else required. Well, knowing what a ‘nickel’ is helps. :wink:

2. Everyone’s going to the cafeteria, and nobody’s getting hot dogs? WTF.

I knew math wasn’t worth my time.

When they were two-shilling coins, they were tenths, and were called “florins”.

Do you call dimes “tenths”, and nickels “twentieths”?

What happened to the guilders?

Yeah, but then you go to Mars, crash land and math saves your life. And then pirannha locusts attack you and a Russian engineer that now runs a deli in New York gets you off that fucking planet.

Framed for kidnapping a Princess.

If the soda was 10c the hot dog would be 90c more than the soda.