anti-abortion picketers = average, strong, or extreme support?

I’m curious as to what your “non-religious” reasons to oppose the right to abortion. I realize that this is not the appropriate thread, but I would appreciate it if you are willing to start a thread of its own.

I think protesting is at least strong if not extreme, regardless of the issue. There are two guys who have stood out on a corner near my house virtually every weekend day for the last 2 years or so, protesting the war. That is some pretty hardcore enthusiasm towards a cause.

Excuse me, I don’t have to justify myself to the ignorant. A flipping-off is more than they’re worth, but I do it anyway.

I was thinking about the possibility of it screwing with his head, not telling you to let an asshole off the hook.

I’d say strong to extreme. It would be strong if the person wasn’t actively stopping the action. I have friends who have been known to quietly sit and pray outside of their local PP. I know of at least one instance where my friend sat and prayed with a woman who had just gotten an abortion.

I have acquaintances who are, in my eyes, scary protesters. They shout, hold signs with pictures of aborted babies, and are overall big meanies. I would classify them as extremist.

The interesting thing is that both sets of people I know are “acting in the name of Christ.” Apparently Jesus had MPD.

Well, where I work we say it depends on the weather.:rolleyes:

In the spring and fall, we get between 12-15 protesters each day. Usually, it’s the same 10 or so people, but on occasion they bring a friend or two or three. They stay only until the doctor arrives and all of the women are inside the agency, which is for about 45 minutes. Then they leave. We don’t provide abortions every day, but it is on the same day of the week, so they come once a week.

In the winter when it’s frigid, if it’s pouring down rain or in the summer when it’s super-hot, we get about 3 or 4. These tend to be the most “fanatical” in nature, and usually come almost every day we provide abortion services. In fact, this spring one women didn’t show up and looked in the obits and saw that she had passed away. That’s how reliable they are.

The one exception to this rule is that every May, rain or shine, the local Catholic church/school sends a few dozen organized groups of protesters. We were told that this is because May is the month when the Catholic church honors Mary and all mothers, so this is part of how they show this honor.

I’d rate them as “strong”, simply to reserve “extreme” for the ones that do things like assault people, murder doctors who perform abortions, support the murderers or hide them from the police, or set up fake “abortion counseling services”. Yes, the protesters are unpleasant, but that’s because they are fighting for an evil and stupid cause, and that’s unpleasant even in moderation.

I would say they are strong but I think every one is pro_life so using that expression is a mis-nomer.

Monavis