Any games with nuclear apocalypse, but without monsters?

Just noticed this on Steam: FAR: Lone Sails, releases 17 May.

There was a 2005 RTS game simply called “Cuban Missile Crisis” which takes place after the eponymous Cuban Missile Crisis turns hot and after the nuclear strikes the world is split into four factions, the Anglo-American Alliance, Western Europe, Soviet remnants, and China. It got pretty decent reviews and Amazon has the game on it’s digital service for only $5.

Well, there’s the Nuclear War card game, along with its expansions. No monsters, but that’s mostly because the game is all about throwing bombs at each other.

Favorite line from the gaming group I played it in: “Anyone have change for 20 million people?”

I picked up a Atomic Society today and have been having fun with it for the past 90 minutes. $15 early access title but there’s definitely a nice game there, sort of a post-apocalyptic Banished. I’m still feeling my way around; my third village survived for a couple hundred days until it started stagnating due to a lack of building materials.

I doubt there are any monsters but there are rival tribes, one of which sent an envoy of slaves threatening to subjugate my village when they reach a population of 200.

I’ve played a bit more. There are three map types to choose from (Desert, Forest, and Tundra), each which three sub-types. I’ve tried all three Deserts and one Forest so far; map generation definitely needs more ruins added. Also, assigning survivors to a salvage camp seems to turn off the player character’s ability to salvage on their own.

In the same vein there’s Frostpunk. Steampunk survival/city building in perma-winter, with moral social decisions. Working kids ? Cannibalism ? Religious nuttery ? Jackbooted thugs ? Forced prostitution ? Forced amputations ? All of the cheap gin all of the time ? Maybe. Up to you, Dear Leader.

I find this description hilarious as Borderlands is basically in part Mad Max set on an alien planet.

Well, there are quite a few monster trucks
I’m actually replaying* Mad Max *now; it’s a surprisingly good game.