Any interest in Intensly Casual Fantasy Baseball League

Any interest in doing a private Straight Dope Fantasy Baseball League.

I can start one after work, or if someone else wants to start one, i’ll join.

questions to ask:
Yahoo, ESPN, or a third (unknown) option?
how many teams?

If I setup, I would choose head to head scoring and snake drafting if is an option.
if there are other settings that would need to be chosen, let me know.

There are a couple of long-standing leagues. Someone started up the (No Longer Quite as) Big League a week or so ago, but hasn’t set a draft date. We used to get 16-20 teams, but now it’s dwindled down to 8-10, so we set it to NL-only last year.

any link, if there is room, i’d like to join

That someone would be me!
@ahduval I will send you a PM.

As Munch said, this is the thin remains of a league going back 20 years. The settings are a bit odd (besides being NL only) so I’ll list them here…

The league is run on Yahoo, with a couple of non-traditional settings:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

So OBP & SLG instead of AVG, and Holds added to the pitching side; and rather than generic OF we have a LF, RF and CF spot (plus an OF spot).

Thank you, I went ahead and joined

Do we have draft day for the Big League/NL only league? I’m pretty open this weekend.

Looks like Wilson set the 31st.

Quick bump, are we doing this league again this season?

Yes - I wasn’t very organized this year but I did send invites to you through Yahoo twice.
I was planning on following up with you today, so glad you posted.

You have a gmail account listed on Yahoo, that’s where the invites should have gone… if you don’t see them, let me know via PM what email to send it to!

Draft time is currently set for April 2nd but maybe we can move it up.

Forgive a stupid question : What are BN and DL?

BN is Bench - Yahoo’s abbreviation for players that are not in your starting lineup but are on your team.
DL is Disabled List, which a few years ago MLB renamed to IL for Injured List. For fantasy baseball, it gives you extra roster spots for a player out injured.

So if anyone else is interested in joining for 2024, let me know either in this thread or via PM. Right now, the draft is set for next Tuesday April 2nd at 9:15 eastern, but we might move it up a bit (I had pushed it back because as of yesterday we only had five managers, but two more have renewed since then and dalej42 will bring us to the same eight we had last year.

I’m fine with a draft tomorrow