I’m enjoying Dexter a lot. Michael C. Hall is fantastic, and the part that is fascinating me is the contrast of his flattened affective state contrasted with the more normal people around him.
I like the bits with him trying to fit in, and how he doesn’t always get it.
[QUOTE=Otto]
One thing I’m not getting is why the lieutenant has such a hardon for Dexter’s sister.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, this is just sick. DeeDee is like, what, seven? Okay, she’s annoying as hell and obviously hyperactive with all those ballet twirls, but she must be protected from this vile, leering lieutenant, whoever he is. We can but hope that Dexter is even now in his lab working on an anti-pedophile death ray.
[QUOTE=yellowval]
That one has never really caught my eye, but I’m certainly willing to give it a shot. If they have it on DVD I’ll order it on Netflix.
[/QUOTE]
They do. The show took an epi or two to get into it’s humor and rythym. Some dudes thought it was “just another CSI”.
Note that Dexter does sound interesting and if it lives, I may be renting season 1 in about a year or so, who knows!
I didn’t care for the book, didn’t care for who the killer was in the end, but I actually like the series. It’s not the best thing I’ve ever seen, but it’s worth watching.
Just a heads up that the first two eps can be watched free on Showtime–they’ve been modified to be TV14 rated though, so the eff bomb is muted and I’m assuming there’s some gore missing.
[QUOTE=Tortuga]
Just a heads up that the first two eps can be watched free on Showtime–they’ve been modified to be TV14 rated though, so the eff bomb is muted and I’m assuming there’s some gore missing.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I just watched the pilot on the Website, and absolutely loved it. It was pretty much exactly what I expected, only with more tension-breaking humor. I wish I got Showtime, since I have a feeling this show is going to be right up my admittedly dark alley.