Any motorcycle folk here? Question about 'bulk' sales

My husband has collected several bikes over the years - six, I think, in varying states of functionality. As he is ALSO a plane guy and has recently bought a semi-assembled kit plane, he’s decided that it’s time for the so-called project bikes to go.

We’d like to sell them as quickly as possible, and possibly through a Carvana -type thing, if it exists. I’ve found RumbleOn but I’m not sure if the bikes will qualify because they currently aren’t running, and some have damage.

Is Craigslist and/or FB Marketplace my best bet? Any suggestions welcome!

Sorry that the first response is not a motorcycle person, but are you sure non-running motorcycles would not also be welcome on RumbleOn? It’s normal in other hobbies to sell things for parts or as project pieces.

A motorcycle auction would be a possibility.

Well, I only skimmed the site last night, but it looks like they’ll make a more-or-less instant offer only on reasonable condition bikes that run, or have run recently. Serious rebuild things I guess need a phone call and more investigation.

If they are rare, collectable or “niche” bikes, you can put them up on eBay. Lot’s of exposure, but can also be a hassle. I sold a couple about 20 years ago that way. Worked out pretty well.

Turned out, they both sold back on the east coast, only a few hundred miles apart. I got shipping quotes for both buyers and figured I could take them out there and get paid twice for the trip.

Ended up a pretty good deal!

If they are just regular old bike, you might end up on Craigslist.

Are they interesting or collectable bikes? If not, it will be tough to sell them not running for more than pocket change. Even if they’re Harleys or BMWs buying a bike that you know doesn’t run but you don’t know WHY turns most folks off.

I stumbled on this guy today: WANTED OLD MOTORCYCLES

I get the feeling he doesn’t want to sell anything, however. :grin:

I haven’t called or messaged. Haven’t come to grips with selling the collection… yet.

Oh great! That’s a possibility for a couple of them at least. Most are late 1990s or early 2000s.

Thanks!!

Curious, what are they? Them’s good years!

Caution: The term “bulk sale” has a special meaning in the law related to buying the non-operating carcass of a dead business.

That’s not you.

You want to sell several independent bikes. But maybe would be willing to sell some or all of them as a group. I’d call that a group sale or lot sale or combination sale. But I’d avoid the magic term “bulk sale”.

As to selling motorcycles in particular I have no useful input.

I still wanna know what they are…

Oh shoot, sorry, just saw this!

I’m not a bike person, but working off the titles I have in hand:

1983 Honda model V5F, body type RS
2008 Kawasaki KLE, type RT
2002 Kawasaki ZG1, type RS
2001 Kawasaki ZG1
1980 Yamaha MC
1982 Honda moped

Hope all that means something to you, doesn’t mean all that much to me!

Yowza!! If it’s in any kind of decent shape, you should have people fighting over this!

Really? Well that’s cool. I honestly can’t remember which one it is, but it’s probably one that needs major engine work :confused:

I’ll investigate, thanks!