Any of you ever used a Neti Pot before?

I am interested in getting one because I suffer from some kind of sinusitis problem. Do they work??? Anyone know where I can find them…other than Ebay.
Thanks!!

Here you go: Previous thread. You can start with that, and if there are questions it doesn’t answer, post them here.

I do, and I find that it works very well. I recommend it to people, but they are usually too squeamism to actually try it.

I used to use one until my doctor switched me to saline spray. Much easier and you don’t feel like you’re drowning every time you use it. YMMV, of course.

I find the commercial saline sprays have a nasty, stale smell, so I make my own.

Looking for informed opinions? Try IMHO. Moved.

samclem GQ moderator

A neti pot is a very good thing as far as I’m concerned. You can buy them on Amazon. Whole Foods also sells them and most health food stores.

The only thing I would add to the thread that you’ve been linked to is don’t expect miracles overnight especially if you have very bad sinuses. IME, I began to feel better after using it the first couple of time but things really started to kick in only after using it steadily for the first week or so. Or maybe I just had a ton of junk to clear out…

A neti pot is a very good thing as far as I’m concerned. You can buy them on Amazon. Whole Foods also sells them and most health food stores.

The only thing I would add to the thread that you’ve been linked to is don’t expect miracles overnight especially if you have very bad sinuses. IME, I began to feel better after using it the first couple of times but things really started to kick in only after using it steadily for the first week or so. Or maybe I just had a ton of junk to clear out…

Yep. I don’t use mine often, but I’ve been very glad to have it when I’ve needed some relief. I haven’t had anywhere near the kinds of sinus infections I used to get before.

I bought one at a national chain drugstore. Brand name SinuCleanse.

Just as a follow-up to that other thread, Mr. brown never would try the damn’ thing. The whole idea squicked him out too much. I eventually threw it away.

I got mine at Walgreens. It worked great – it’s not as tough to do as it seems.

I’ve used the product by NeilMed with great success. They also have a neti pot product.