Any Pro Wrestling Fans in the Audience? (Multiple promotions) (Part 2)

the new miz?

Interesting finish to the ladder match - a group of ninjas swarm the ring and take everyone out, then one climbs the ring, retrieves the chip, and unmasks to reveal himself as Stokely Hathaway. The Joker then enters - a man dressed in black with a devil mask on, to the tune of “Sympathy for the Devil”, and Hathaway hands off the chip to him, making him the winner, and he leaves, mask still on, with the rest of Hathaway’s crew.

MJF maybe ?

Good guess. I’d put money on it if I had any.

My night is made. Taz called Dark Order’s finishing move “Pendulum Jones.”

Jade looks like She-Hulk, with the “jade” body stocking and purple & white leotard.

The announcers have not pointed this out.

Samoa Joe’s back!

and he blades right away. Just another day for Joe…

The audience is now chanting “Scissor me daddy” to the tune of Seven Nation Army.

Wrestling is weird.

Not to mention the scissoring thing usually means lesbian sex, but The Acclaimed somehow turned it into a gesture of male bonding, essentially by genital co-groping.

Gonna watch the rest tomorrow.

Punk wins the championship, then the lights go out and an answering machine message from Tony Khan to the Joker plays, after which the Joker comes out and unmasks himself as MJF, just as @nightshadea predicted.

Corny and Dutch Mantell criticize AEW for lack of long-term storytelling, but I think they embedded a few hooks tonight. They “leaked” that MJF had heat with Tony Kahn and was on the verge of leaving, but timed his resurgence with Punk winning back the title in Chicago and set up a must-see feud. They made Hangman a more troubled figure by having him cost DO the Trios championship, and gave more ammo to The Elite justifying treating him like dog poop. They’re setting up Daniel Garcia to eventually leave Chris Jericho’s shadow and strike out on his own.

Speaking of Jericho, I like him as a personality, but I’m bored with his wrestling. How many more times do we have to see the 5-minute stepover Lion Tamer that Bret Hart already did to death with the Sharpshooter? While it’s clever for Jericho to steal Hart’s heat by referring to himself as the last survivor of the Hart Dungeon, it’s like OK, I can take a long shit now, come back, and the hold might be over.

I hope the MCMGs work more dates for AEW. They’ve made double-teaming an art form. Looks like they’ve at least set up a feud with FTR, which will rock.

I am very excited to see MJF back. I’ll admit, they worked me with that pipe bomb. I thought he’d gotten Muhammad Hassan’d by the network.

At the post-show press conference, CM Punk went off on an unprovoked tirade against Colt Cabana, thr Elite, and Hangman Page, which apparently subsequently resulted in a shoot fight breaking out backstage.

Sounds like Punk’s ego is getting the best of him again. Hopefully Tony Khan can get this under control before someone ends up bailing on the company.

More bad news - EC3 says Dream set up a camera in his bathroom and tried to film other wrestlers using the toilet.

Who had Braun Strowman in their RAW Hour 1 prediction? (Though I did know he’d been re-signed.)

They said he’d taken out all eight men, but actually that’s not true-- he didn’t touch The New Day.

I had also heard that he was on his way back. I’ve also read that Bronson Reed will be returning once his current contract with NJPW is up, and that Bad Bunny will probably be returning around Wrestlemania season (hopefully to smack the taste out of Logan Paul’s mouth.)

If I was released in 2020-2021 and not currently wrestling for AEW, I’d be blowing up Hunter’s voicemail right about now.

you know something else too people dont realize other than slight changes HHH can’t really change too much until after wrestle mania in 23 that’s when things should really change

tony Kahn needs to put a leash on the bucks and their friends otherwise they’re gonna end up like TNA and WCW after they hired hogan nash and hall

Jake Atlas tried, but his number was blocked.

I wonder if the Iconic Duo are realizing that Hollywood is a real long shot (Snoop Dogg isn’t their relative), and it’s either OnlyFans or WWE. Shawn Spears has also been MIA.

Wouldn’t hurt to also reign in Punk. After the Kingston/Guerrera incident and Kingston getting suspended, not suspending anyone here sends a bad message. Supposedly Punk instigated physical contact after being confronted by the Young Bucks and Omega, but that report could change by the time I finish typing this.

You mean Kingston/Guevara, right? Sammy Guevara, not Juventud Guerrera.