Any recommendations for dating websites in the UK/Ireland?

I’ve recently started a new job in a new area and I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good dating websites that cover the UK/Ireland with Northern Ireland in particular? Any sites for meeting people in general would be appreciated. I’m not a big pub/bar/nightclub person and this seems to be the method most often used to get to know people.

Thanks in advance!

Stay the hell away from match.com! Worst dating site I’ve ever experienced.

I would heartily recommend the Guardian Soulmates which is part of the Guardian newspaper (www.guardian.co.uk). Not only is the site itself very good (and you get a lot of information about the people on it) but the people who gravitate to that kind of website are also pretty decent too. I used it for about 6 months a couple of years ago and met around 10 people, two of which led onto something more serious. Two thumbs way up.

I have a friend who used Guardian Soulmates and was very pleased with it. Well, she married, so I suppose she was pleased. :slight_smile:

I’ve been told http://www.sparkdating.ie/ is pretty good for Ireland but haven’t tried it.

Thanks for your help!