Any thumbsuckers around?

I never sucked my thumb, but I crooked my right forefinger and sucked that until I was probably seven or eight years old. I also had my “baa”, a favorite blanket I slept with well into my teens. I still have it, though it’s packed away. (I pulled it out once to see if it still was as wonderful as I remembered. Yes, it is. So soft…) Now I have a stuffed kangaroo that I sleep with. In college I dislocated my shoulder and the 'roo was just the right wedgy shape to prop under my hurting arm. Also, the pocket was good for keeping fresh condoms in.

I kept my bottle until I was in 2nd grade (I skipped first grade) and I sucked my thumb to about 13. Since then I occasionally sucked my thumb, on and off, until I was 21 or so.

I never had a “binkie” (didn’t know what a “binkie” was until I stared dating my yankee husabnd…we call them “pacifiers” down here).

My 12-years older brother was the one who broke me of the bottle habit. When I was in kindergarten, one night my brother just decided to mess with me and take away my bottle. I was about six at the time so my parents didn’t really raise a fuss when he snatched my bottle out of my mouth and threw it into the trash in the kitchen. Yeah, I cried for about a month until I discovered the sweet thumb nectar. That kept me happy until I got braces.

I sucked my thumb until I was about 8. At that point I was only doing it on a night. I decided I wanted to stop so started sleeping with my arms crossed. It worked and soon after I stopped sucking my thumb.

I was a thumbsucker until I was around 13, with occasional thumbsucking until I went off to college. That’s the point I absolutely made myself quit. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that I occasionally suck it in my sleep, but never consciously.

I never had any problems from it - no overbite or the like. My brother had a serious overbite and he was a thumbsucker as well.

I suck other people’s thumbs when I’m sleeping. Is that a bad thing? :smiley:

Found at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7819658@N05/with/11821717926

I’m still a goddamn proud thumb sucker.