Anybody watched "Devs" on Hulu?

Just checking. I don’t want to go on a spiel if nobody has, but I do recommend giving it a watch.

Not gonna watch.

Giant statue of little girl creeps me out.

We just finished it this past weekend. Overall I liked it a lot, despite there being either lots of plot holes or things that my meager brain simply can’t comprehend. Beautiful to look at, great music, mostly great acting, very interesting and thought-provoking subject matter.

Not yet, but they’ve been raving about it on Screen Junkies so I do plan to give it a shot. I tend to sign up for Hulu just a couple of months a year, usually in the Fall.

I gave up after a couple episodes. I didn’t care for the plot, the pacing, or the background music. I thought I’d have trouble with Nick Offerman in a dramatic role (because I’m used to seeing him only in comedies), but he was good.

It’s worth a binge.

I have to say though, I can’t remember the last time I watched a series that was intentionally written to last only one season.

Can anyone offer some information about it?

It’s a sci-fi mystery (not that mysterious, except when they go on about quantum computing) about a very hush-hush inner sanctum, called Devs, within a big IT company owned by an enigmatically messianic figure. A young man is taken on to work for this inner group and disappears. His girlfriend’s attempts to find him involve her, and the ex whose help she enlists, in more and more dangerously threatening situations as they get closer to the secret* of what it’s all about, which the boss’s security man tries to protect in various nasty ways.

It’s visually very striking: high-gloss, high-spec and high-tech. A faint air of Twin Peaks in the slow-burn and enigmatic oddities of the dialogue and some of the characters.

*which AIUI involves trying to apply quantum mechanics and computing to see into the past and the future.

My wife and I have been watching this. We’re seven episodes in, which means we get to see it all wrapped up on the next one.

I like it; she loves it.

Despite all of the sci-fi wizardry, the most unbelievable part of the story is how there is always parking available on the streets of San Francisco. That’s some real fantasy material right there.

In the final episode, Lily goes…

…to see the Architect and she learns that the problem is choice.

The show looked cool, had some solid performances, but I wasn’t a fan of the denouement.

Yeah the ending was disappointing. It should have been extremely obvious to those geniuses how exactly Lily would break their infallible system, it was literally the only thing.

Really loved it. Interesting how a show can have two titles. Never seen that before.

Sometimes suspension of disbelief is asking a lot. :smiley:

Yeah, what the heck is with up with that, anyway? I never realize it’s a commercial for that show until I look up at the tv AND THERE SHE IS:eek: Does it have anything to do with the story or is it there just for freakiness?

It definitely plays a part.