Anybody watching the Netflix show Dark?

Just finished Season 2. No drop in quality at all.

Finished watching both seasons. It takes itself too seriously some times. I found myself laughing out loud in a few places. I love time travel science fiction, and this fills a niche, but I don’t think the writer’s have a full story arc in mind. It’s like they just keep writing and adding to the story without a final direction they are headed to.

Season 3 will be the final season.

I’ve really enjoyed Dark.

I’ve also appreciated the flow charts and such floating around the internet that explain the various relationships and personas of the various characters.

No, but I and my wife find ourselves in the “don’t care about anybody but Jonas” category.

I care about kid Jonas, his trip to the future, his trip to the past where he met himself, his trip back to the present to attempt to fix things, and the aftermath of that.

This may sound like the entire season, but honestly…there was a lot of other junk with side characters that I found pretty bad and boring.

Funny, Jonas is the character I care least about — young Jonas, anyway. During the first couple of episodes, when we couldn’t remember any of the characters’ names yet, we referred to him as “Mopey Pete.”

And if anyone hasn’t already burned through both seasons yet, allow me to make a suggestion. We watched all of season 1 in about three days, and then, instead of moving on, we watched season 1 again. It’s a whole lot easier to figure out what’s going on when you know what’s going on.

Yes. The attention to detail is amazing, and there’s no doubt in my mind the creators have meticulously planned everything out. This isn’t gonna be a Lost.

Why are Claudia’s and Ulrich’s grandmothers hooking up? This doesn’t even go to character development.

This thread got me to watch it and I’ve enjoyed the first 9 episodes. I like how much effort the producers went to to get similar-looking actors for young and old versions of characters. And yeah, Jonas is definitely mopey to the point of annoyance. I’d guessed the truth about Mikkel but didn’t think about the romantic implications until they spelled it out.

I just saw an episode in which a man tried to kill himself and simultaneously succeeded and failed. Without it being a paradox. That’s a first for me.

FYI: Today is the day that Mikkel disappears.

Take that, Blade Runner!

My kids and I binged on the full 2 seasons since Saturday night. It’s been a wild ride! If my daughter hadn’t already watched it I don’t think I could have kept up, honestly. I didn’t mind the dubbing at all in fact I forgot about it almost immediately. It was a rare voice that didn’t suit the speaker and the subtitles, which are a must for me, were close enough most of the time. I loved the soundtrack enough to go looking for some of the songs, and then of course the S2 finale featured one of my favorite non-Rush songs.

The S2 finale reveal, which I guess I won’t spoil, was really a surprise. I called a few twists but this one got me good.

I’m just near the beginning of season two but that’s my fear. As I just commented in the “Watchmen” thread there are some big similarities here with Lindelof’s project - the future causing the past exactly as the past causes the future with the very same “chicken egg” line used and the same bit of muttering “tick tock tick tock” … my fear is that it shares Lindelof’s “Lost” ending failure as well.

The fact that they plan on the three seasons and over gives me some hope that they have an ending in mind …

Okay, I’ve finished season two.

I can find family trees online easily but that’s not I could really use. I could something that takes each character and follows their lives in their perceived lifetime order. Like following Jonas through.

Not sure if spoilering is required at this point? But I guess to be safe. [spoiler]
Jonas:

Born to Michael and Hannah.
Romantic interlude with Hannah who had been visited by his slightly older self.
Father kills himself after a visit by a slightly older Jonas and older Claudia
Goes to psychiatric facility.
Returns to Hannah now involved c best friend Bartoz.
Goes to cave to get drug stash. Mikkel disappears. Older self involved.
Gets clues from older self and travel to 1986 …

So on. For each main character. Assuming they are all from this world version.

The big gaps for us with him are: what happens between the current Jonas seeing Hannah murdered by Adam and being taken to another world version by alternate Hannah, and the 30something Jonas initial close of the portal, in his then alignment with Claudia against his future self; and from his 30something self in bunker to Adam, each of which are lots of time to explain in one season.[/spoiler]

So first, anyone know of such a thing already created on line? I can’t easily find it anyway.

And then any speculations? Spoilering as some seem to want to avoid even WAG speculations.

My WAG is that Adam is actually trying to end the current world so that other worlds can go on, ones that have Martha in it. And I suspect that Hannah, set up as a narcissistic pathological character with little good about her, will be a major force of good accomplished and perhaps even self-sacrifice in the last season.

FYI, I think that Adam is actually Bartosz. There seems to be no older version of him and Adam is so disfigured he could be anyone. The only proof he showed Jonas was the hanging scar which could be faked. It might also explain why he shot Martha. Pure spite from a scorned lover.

Final season to be released June 27, 2020

Final Season is up now. Netflix has a 10 minute recap. It has a great reviews. Will take me a few days to get through, but am really looking forward to it.

Watched the first two episodes of S3. I should have watched season 2 again to remember character names and plot lines. Too late now. I have dived in. Right now it’s a dark mashup of Back to the Future and It’s a Wonderful Life…

SO CONFUSED!

Same two eps in …

I guess I should have re-watched everything. I watched a couple re-caps and still find myself lost with the first episode of Season 3.