Anyone else have a soft place in their hearts for movies that (practically) have no women in them?

Don’t forget Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke) who was Melody, one of two girls at the motel.
Naked housewife at the window when Lightfoot was working in the yard.
The girl on the motorcycle hitting his delivery truck.
The bank manager’s wife and daughter (caught having sex).
The tourist at the schoolhouse that got disgusted with her husband when he thought they were going to be robbed.

But yes, very much a guy pal movie, not just with Eastwood and Bridges but also George Kennedy and Geoffrey Lewis.

I was only saying that those films were highly successful. If you want to critique them, go ahead, but the question wasn’t whether they were any good or not, it was whether it was hard to think of films where the leads were all or mostly women.

Heavenly Creatures

By no means a chick flick, but has no male leads.

Bah, doublepost.

So if it’s not a movie about tight-lipped lipstick lesbians, it’s not a valid female movie?

It’s purely a coincidence, but a lot of my all-time faves are all-male: Lawrence of Arabia, Zulu, Great Escape, Hunt for Red October, Moby Dick.

Are there any women in Rudy?

When I watch Major League I fast-forward through all of Rene Russo’s scenes (removing the love sub-plot and making it 100% baseball) and it’s a much, much better movie.

You’d enjoy an all-female cast as well, right?