Anyone else spending New Year's Eve alone?

Is there anyone alone on the west coast?

Yeah, I’m staying home alone tonight. I’m not feeling well, and I’m never particularly thrilled about going out on Amateur Night in the first place.

Happy New Year, **Hunter **Hawk! I usually like to stay home alone on NYE, but I spent Christmas alone too, and I’m feeling a bit lonely.
I’m also not too happy that I have to work tomorrow.:mad:

Yep, alone here on the west coast, and after taking a quick look outside I am more glad than ever I am not out on the LA freeways. It is getting seriously foggy!

Watched the LSU-Georgia Tech game and the daredevil idiocy from Las Vegas that followed on ESPN. I think I will break out the aquavit that I save for such occasions as this. It’s quiet now, but I expect that around midnite all the fireworks that didn’t get shot off on the Fourth of July will be deployed.

Happy new year from Carson, California, home of one of the Goodyear blimps (and not much else of note).

Yep, another one - it’s not a big deal, except I wish my neighbors weren’t quite so enthusiastic about the firecrackers.
Now I’ve stayed up until midnight in my time zone. Time for bed, I think.

Alone. In a hotel. In Azerbaijan.

Do I win the thread?

I dunno. I love you all. The Irish countdown was depressing. RECESSION for auld lang syne my friends.

…and Seattle hits 2009. Happy new year.

: raises glass of [del]champagne[/del] yellow Chartreuse VEP :

This was the quietest New Year’s Eve I can recall. Usually fireworks are shot off starting at midnight and continuing for an hour or so. Tonight a few pops and bangs and by 12:10 all was quiet.

Is this a side effect of the Mild Economic Downturn? Nobody can afford to buy fireworks. It’s an ill wind that blows no good, I guess.

Normally I would have done. But at the last minute some friends had a get-together. It was pleasant, but now I’m all tired…

I had a couple invites but wasn’t in the mood. Stayed in, watched some TV, and went to bed around 10:30.

It was me and my dog and my mom in the house, and my mom and the dog were both asleep at midnight. I had a couple of friends on IM to give me new year’s wishes, at least. But it was very lonely.

I spent the night alone and enjoyed it. My partner just left for an extended work-related assignment less than two weeks ago so we were apart for Christmas too. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself and seek company; in fact I had a very enjoyable dinner with friends on Christmas.

Last night I was supposed to go to a party with a friend but he wasn’t feeling well. Can’t say I was terribly sorry about missing the party; for some reason a little “me time” seemed like the thing to do. I watched a movie (the 2008 version of “Day of the Dead,” which was actually quite good) and played City of Villains.