Anyone else use baby/talcum powder on themselves after a shower?

My boyfriend uses it to excess. It looks like an exploding coke party palace in his bathroom. I use it on my 5 y/o son after bathing. I dry him with a towel but he still feels damp (too much softener in the towels?) so I sprinkle powder on him, especially the arm pits. He loves sprinkling it into his underwear and fluffing it so the cloud comes out.

I never use powder, maybe because I just never got into the habit. I can see the point of using it after a shower but the idea of damp clumps of powder stuck in my crevasses is kind of off putting. A lot people use it in my gym locker room, mostly feet and crotches it seems, and an occasional person will abuse the powder so much that there are complaints. Dust clouds and large white patches on the floor are not uncommon. I have to say, it’s a little gross to have to stand or sit in someone else’s powder residue.

In the summer, yes sometimes.

In the winter - NO WAY! It’s very, very dry here.

This made me laugh and laugh

Not after a shower usually, but when I’m getting dressed if it’s going to be a sweaty day.

I don’t use it, and we don’t have any in the house, so I know Boy From Mars and Baby From Mars don’t either.

Points against it - I don’t like the ‘creaky’ feeling of it on my hands after use, no matter how careful you are you end up with marks on clothing after, and I’d rather moisturise after showering. I know it’s not recommended for use around babies either - danger of inhaling. We use Badger Balm instead.

I laughed too, until I realized I was snorting ass powder off the tile instead of sweet, sweet Columbian cha cha happies.

:slight_smile:

I keep coming back and reading this when I need a good laugh!

I did this ONCE. I got such a rash under my boobs from the deodorant. I will never ever ever do that again.
Now powder - that I will do. I generally only do it when it’s really hot and muggy because it’s so hard to completely dry under the boobs when the air is muggy.

Only during the summer. I haven’t in months.

I also use a hairdryer on cool to dry the neither regions. SO didn’t know what all the fuss was about till I got him to try it. He too, is a convert - also only in the summer months.

I think you should do this poll. I doubt more than 10% of people do.

I don’t. I don’t like it, and talcum powder has been linked to ovarian cancer.

I never once used it in my life until about a year ago. I go to the gym at lunch and I started applying J&J baby powder to my pits, chest and crotchular area before getting dressed. Also, every now and then I’ll use it at home when I think about it, when I’m going commando. When you shave your pubes, there’s a tendency for things down below to get… sort of sticky. A nice sprinkle of J&J addresses that but quick.

For those who use powder regularly, how do you avoid the above problem? In theory I’d love to use powder after every shower but the time or two I tried it I ended up with white powder coated floors and clothing. It isn’t like lotion that you can control how much and where it dispenses, so HOW do you control the mess while applying?

It smells so nice and feels so soft I’d love to know how to use it with less mess.

Powder puff.

:smack:I guess that never dawned on me as I was thinking of the containers with sprinkle type dispensers on top. I may just splurge for the puff-applied type. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I use it when I dance Argentian Tango.

My barber got me interested in Clubman Body Talc over 25 years ago. I love the smell and use it daily on my face and body.

http://www.classicshaving.com/i/Pinaud/Clubman/ClubmanTalcFinest.jpg

Anyone else use it *before *a shower?

I’ve heard you can vacuum it up off surfaces with a Dustbuster. It’s a nuisance when it settles on jars and bottles on the bathroom shelves. My housekeeping standards must be low, I just sweep it up off the floor before cleaning the bathroom and give the jars and bottles a quick swipe once a week. It’s not like we have ‘outside’ people traipsing in and out of our bathroom three times a day.

I step in to the shower stall to apply it. The moisture keeps the dust down as well as the door. It rinses down the drain easily the next day.