Anyone else use baby/talcum powder on themselves after a shower?

I’ve never done so, and get a bit of a :dubious: reaction from the concept. It’s something my brain and nose immediately associate with babies and diapers, or old powdered wigs and nursing homes. It just may be because I’ve never had rash or chafing issues and never felt the need.

Mrs Gargoyle is the same, doesn’t use it, and the accumulated post-sweaty powder gunk that results is worse than just sweat alone.

In a child care class years ago, the teacher told us never to use baby powder on a baby, and strongly recommended not even having it in the house. Apparently, the very fine granules cause permanent lung problems in children. She said that you shouldn’t even apply it to yourself if there are children in the same room. I always wondered if this was really true.

Umm…yeah. Hey, it’s either this or shave it all off! And that hurts when it’s growing back! So I’ve heard…

Well, another :smack: moment for me. I guess I need to think outside the box once in awhile. I hate it when the answer is so simple you feel like an idiot for not thinking of it!

“You imbecile! That’s not talc, that’s paprika!”

– Stewie Griffin

reported spam post

I’m as bad as your boyfriend after my bath or shower. I guess for me, it goes back to when I was a little boy and my mom was still giving me a bath and she would dust me with J&J afterwards. Perhaps your BF has similar memories and experiences.

Here’s a suggestion. The next time you are at his place when he takes a shower or bath, go into the bathroom when he’s ready to get out of the tub/shower and dry him off and dust him like you do your son. There’d probably be less mess in the bathroom and he might even enjoy it.

I don’t think that’s possible. I mess my bathroom up whenever I try to dust myself with J&J after my bath or shower. It’s about like trying to put sunscreen on yourself at the beach; difficult to do for yourself.

I suggested to another poster who complained that her boyfriend’s bathroom looked like he “had a coke party” after his bath or shower, that if he takes a shower or bath when she’s there that she go in when he’s ready to get out of the tub or shower and dry him off and dust him with J&J. (Yes, the adage is true that men are really still boys and we enjoy a little extra care and attention once in awhile.) If as I suspect his mother did that after his bath when he was a little boy like my mom did when she was still giving me a bath, not only would there be less mess in her boyfriend’s bathroom but it would probably make his day!

So what’s the problem?

I use J&J lavender scented baby powder on myself after quick showers or long bubble baths. Makes me feel unbelievably relaxed and I enjoy it. Your coworkers are just jealous.

I use clubman body talc on my face, neck, and chest. I love the smell of it.

I use baby powder on my privates in hot sticky weather.

Not to mention the number of professional athletes I’ve seen interviewed on television who are standing at their lockers and in plain view is an economy size container of J&J.

It’s never occurred to me try this. I might give it a go…

I use talcum too. From the Lush store. I also use zinc oxide cream for skin folds.

For the mess, I simply have a white fluffy bath math that doesnt show any powder.

Yep. But mostly* in* my nether areas*. Hey- I live for the wild, OK?:stuck_out_tongue:

• Underwear and socks.

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

I have seen professional athletes interviewed on television after their games at their lockers and, right there in plain view, is an economy size container of J&J.