Anyone Have a Marranitos Recipe?

I just learned the actual name of my favorite mexican cookie. For years, I’ve pointed to the little ginger piggies in the case of my favorite mexican bakery, then munched happily on the way home. At the supermarket tonight, though, I spotted a pack of six of them on a tray labelled “Marranitos.” With name in hand, I hit google for a recipe, but to no avail. I’d love to try my hand at making some if any Doper out there has a recipe to share!

Are these them? The recipe sounds almost identical to the Ginger Biscuits I make every now and then. Yummy.

Those look about right…it’s hard to say if they have the same texture, though.

I’ve watched every Survivor season except one. Yet it was only last night that I realized that it makes absolutely no difference where they tape it. The Cook Islands? Yeah. So. A beach is a beach is a beach. Why not just tape on a beach near LA?

Because the contestants could then easily wander off to a local mexican bakery and get some tasty marranitos?

Based on amounts of sugar vs. butter vs. flour vs. leavening, looks like they’ll be crispy little piggies. Dunno if that’s what you’re looking for, and I’m not sure if they’ll be able to retain their crispness on the Cook Islands, but if you’re looking for soft and chewy cookies I’ve got a recipe somewhere for molasses cookies that have some ginger in them. They’re frosted, though.