Anyone Play Magic Online?

My curiosity got the better of me and I joined Magic: the Gathering online. The big selling point for me was that there is no monthly fee, so if I decide I hate it I can just drop it without having to deal with stopping a subscription. I haven’t played Magic ever since the end of the Artifacts Cycle (I pretty much quit when my favorite expansion, the Rath Cycle, went T1) so I’m not sure what the new rules, if any, are. I need to read the rulebook again.

Anyway, does anyone on the Dope play and, if so, you up for a game? I don’t have anything special yet, just a basic red-white deck made out of a couple booster packs and the free 9th edition starter deck.

I wish. But (a) I have a Mac, and (b) my money’s tight enough as it is.

Same reasons I don’t play MMORPGs, actually.

The subscription and the “you must play” feeling is why I don’t play MMORPGs. But with no monthly fee and the ability to buy a booster pack whenever I feel like it, I decided to give it a shot. I think my budget can stretch to a couple booster packs a month.

I played around with Magic Online, but I can’t bring myself to pay $4 for a booster pack of virtual cards.

Unless, you know, I can pay with virtual money.