Anyone read "Winter's Heart"? I have a question... (not spoiler)

Anyway, there’s a place called Far Madding. I don’t remember this place from the other books, and I would like to go back to the other book where it was first explained. Can anyone refresh my memory about this place? Or tell me which book it was in so I can go back and read about it? If you’ve read the part of the book there, then you should know why I’m wondering about this place.

Hmm, maybe this belongs in GQ…

Far Madding is between Tear and Lugard. You might go back to the taking of the sword at Tear for some info. Or, go to Borders and check out the WOT Concordance. It may have some info. I don’t remember anything about it really, except that Cadsuane (I think) is from there. I looked all over the web but couln’t find anything specific to Far Madding in any of the web rings.

WARNING: Possible Spoiler if you’ve not read the chapter titled “Out of thin air” (22 I think).
I want to know if there is something in Far Madding that prevents men from channeling saidin. I couldn’t find anything that said so, and was wondering why two men who could channel would fight with weapons, without even touching the source.

Keep reading…it’s all explained later in the book.

Check page 461, 2nd paragraph. It is explained there.