Anyone up for a chicago Dopefest wienie roast?

Until about 6 pm, I have other stuff going that evening.
David

Just got back from the Vienna Beef factory…

I wanted to get ahead of the game and I’m not sure when I’ll get a chance to stop back. I’m going to vacuum seal and freeze these, I don’t think they’ll be any worse for wear.

I’ll go back through the responses tonight and put together a list of who’s in. Then we can start talking location and who’s bringing what.

My eldest daughter has expressed an interest in coming - I dread the thought of her becoming a doper and reading all the shit I’ve posted here. For the first time, changing a user name is starting to make sense.

Bear_Nenno where are you staying? Will you have a rental car or do you need a lift?

I can make the 26th during the day. The non-doper guy cannot make during the day, probably.

I can make basically any day work except Sundays.

ETA: Though I am totally dependent on my feet & CTA to get me around, so it will depend on location. I’m near the Sears Tower, so of course would prefer anything in that neck of the woods.

Would like to do it. Whether or not I can, depends on the day.

Oh goody, can I come along too?

Hell yes!
Just leave the cats at home.

I can probably do it, although I’m not likely to stay too far into the evening. Someplace I can get to from the Metra train would be good, but I can get directions and figure it out, I’m pretty sure.

nm

Where were you thinking of having this? I can’t devote an entire day, but may be able to stop by, depending.

Oh man… I didn’t actually review my tickets before posting. The agent said I would have a 24 hour layover in Chicago. It is only a 12 hour layover. I land at 8pm on the 25th, and I fly out at 8:30am on the 26th. They are government tickets, so I should be able to change them in Chicago for free and catch a later plane. Not going to know for sure until the 25th when I speak to a ticketing agent. If anything good came of it, at least I picked a day that worked for a lot of people! (Even if I probably won’t make it myself)

In the meantime, I am up for anything late Monday night or super-early on the 26th.

Have my own car back again, so I am open without a job interview.

BN, we go back some 11 years ago. I will try to make it.

No kidding! I think that we should have a pre-wienie roast gathering at an airport bar to share a few drinks.
Everyone is invited. Come welcome me back to the USA after 5 years overseas. I’m still going to try to lengthen my layover for the weenie roast, but just in case, I think drinks at the airport is a solid plan if anyone is interested.

I haven’t seen any more info as to where and when.
Any more thoughts?
David

Tuesday afternoon? *** Really?*** I’d love to join in but weekdays are impossible for me. What’s wrong with a Sunday afternoon?

Oh well…have fun.:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just crushed at work.
I can’t do Tuesday.
But don’t let me hold you back - if you guys are free go for it.

Tuesday looks like it will be a nice day. Alas, I gotta work a 10-hour shift and will be unable to attend unless it’s after 11pm!

Let’s make it happen.
I can supply some good hot dogs and a banjo.
The banjo will burn longer, but still be tasteless.
Where and when?
David

How about we do this on a weekend during the day time like normal people?

This sounds good to me. Actually, any firm time and place would sound good to me.

I’m up for that - I was just hoping we could work it for Bear_Nenno but now it looks like he won’t be able to make it.

OK - if we’re gonna do this I need some help scouting a location.
Suggestions?