Anyone watch the meteor shower?

The weather didn’t cooperate AGAIN this year–scattered clouds, then overcast. Nothing. I feel gypped. :frowning: (been trying to see them for the past few years-every year it 's cloudy. Grrr.)

Saturday night - no.

Sunday night - got the Princess and the Diva (my 10-yr-old niece) into long pants and long-sleeve shirts, to avoid mosquito bites, made cocoa, and settled down in the front yard with my mom to watch about 11 pm. We spent about 10 minutes outside, got tired of looking up and seeing no meteors, and went back inside to put the girls to bed. I think it’s too well-lit around here.

Maybe tonight I’ll get up about 3 am, and go out to the backyard for a bit.

Sat night/Sun morn 1-2 am- saw four, Sun night/Mon morn too overcast-

They don’t make 'em like they used to.

I’m on the Outer Banks of North Carolina at the moment. Went outside around 11pm Monday night, I guess it was. Clear and very starry skies - saw the Big Dipper and the blur of the Milky Way quite well. Lay down on the porch and in 20 minutes saw just one meteor clearly, and a couple of others out of the corner of my eye. Still worth looking, though.

Just after midnight local time I went down to the beach where I have an unobstructed view for all but the western sky. I saw about 6 meteors in a 15-minute period, none spectacular. The Milky Way was more impressive.

Except for one meteor that swept horizontally thru about 40 degrees of arc, and I swear I heard a “swish” sound accompanying it, which I wasn’t expecting. I can only assume that it was very close, or the sound was generated by something else at just the right time.