Anything for a fucking buck....

I opened my inbox today and deleted my daily dose of spam, except one caught my eye.

“OPERATION FREEDOM COIN!” was the “from” name.

link

Wtf… Thought we already went through this.

And they talk about how they “match” your purchase 100%. They don’t… They send another one of their coins to a troop overseas (looking at the quality of the website I would like to see proof of that).

I have no doubt in my mind that many people are making A LOT of money off of this.

People have to be really sick to make a product related to a war for the one and only reason of getting rich.

I’ll probably photoshop the hell out of it… Great spoofing material.

Gah.

And gah again.

I’ll do anything for a bucking fuck, though. :wink:

[sub](oh, Eonwe, too lame, go back to bed)[/sub]

Hang on. The deal is that you pay twenty bucks for a fifty-cent coin, and you’re supposed to be excited that they’ll also send a fifty-cent coin to an American soldier overseas? At no additional charge? They also offer the scintillatingly economical deal of letting you have both coins sent to yourself so you can ‘donate the coin to a local cause sending gifts to our military personnel overseas’?

So, in other words, for my $20, I can either:

1. Get $0.50 and have a matching $0.50 sent to a solder, or
  2. Get $1.00 and donate half to a local charity?

Uh… yeah. Steal of a deal.

I’m sure you’re right that people are making money off this. But anyone stupid enough to go for the scam deserve to get ripped off imo. Economic Darwinism, or something.

I’m not so concerned about people losing their money, I’m concerned about the false belief they’re giving people that $20 bucks is leaving their pockets and this company is matching their purchase for the war effort while someone is making a shitload of cash on the side. The whole “shitload of cash” on the side is what bothers me the most.

IT’S A FUCKING WAR, PEOPLE! NOT AN AD OPPORTUNITY!

Wow, that’s one crappy-looking web site

Today I got a spam with a “from” field of “SUPPORT USA TROOPS!” Of course it had nothing the fuck to do with supporting troops. It was just to get all of us gullible patriots to open the fucking thing.

Classy. Reeeeeal classy.

So who else has seen the commercials on TV for the “Shock and Awe” videos?

You have to be kidding me… NO WAY…

I am seriously sickened…

Really? Is there a website?

I’m not sure. I walked in on my brother watching the tail end of the commercial and he was just sitting there shaking his head saying “I was wondering how long it would take them…”

I imagine all the conservatives on the board will be all in favor ot the “Operation Freedom” coin because it’s definitely capitalism in action, and they like capitalism.

I like capitalism, but last I heard, it was called “Operation Iraqi Freedom”.

Beyond that, I fail to see how something like this could be considered “legal tender” . . . as if I could slap it down at my local watering hole and buy a round of beer.

I get coins all the time, but not at the inflated rate of 4000%.

Tripler
I traded one of mine with Gen Tommy Franks for his coin! Wooo!

Actually, I dislike any of these types of schemes.

I can recall similar types of things being offered on those cheesy TV adds just after 9/11. You know… the limited issue commerative coin. Was supposed to be 1 troy ounce of silver or something for like $35.00.

The last thing the commercial said was, “This coin is legal tender in the nation of Liberia”.

That immediately put me off, I mean… they are taking money from people who are supposedly very patriotic, anti-terrorist, folks who think they may be helping out somehow and giving it to a nation who has a known past of helping to fund several terrorist leagues.

Makes a body want to rip someones tongue out through their asshole

Welcome to the boards, GannyRat.

And on the topic of 9/11 commerative crap, does anyone remember the bastards that bought scrap metal from the towers and melted it into “commerative medallions”?

I found an e-mail address at that company and sent them a few nasty letters.

What bothers me the most about this is the war is not yet over. Before you want to sell me crap that commemorates something. Why don’t you wait until the war is at least over and the troops have come back home before you play on the emotions of the people who are still here in the states?

These people who try to make money off these things just make me sick.

I got curious a while back after seeing some commemorative coin ad on TV, and nestled in the fine print was the description that the coin was legal tender from Asshatistan. I then dug up the exchange rate and found it to be something like 350 dingleberrys to the US dollar. Considering that it was a 25 dingleberry coin, it was worth less than a US dime. And, there was a strict limit of only five per person at $20 per coin. Don’t delay! Supplies are very limited and operators are standing by!

Another deplorable idea is a pocket knife with coins in the handle.
So if it has a State Quater on it, it is automatically a Valuable And Treasured Heirloom. What the fuck and pass the barf buckets!

Allegedly collectible State Quarter pocket knives