Apparently people don't die when their killed

Today’s headline on AOL. “3 dead, 20 killed.”:rolleyes:

All kidding aside, my heart goes out to the relatives of the victims.

I’m assuming the twenty killed the three who are dead.

People don’t die when their killed what?

How is AOL still alive?

Maybe three died of natural causes, whereas the 20 were violently met with?

It didn’t die when someone killed it.

I’ve heard of a headline that read “Man Killed to Death.”

I read a story once about a woman who was stabbed to death, and her body sealed in a barrel. The reported concluded with “The police suspect foul play.” I am not making that up. I read it in the local paper in Indiana when I was a teenager, maybe 14 or 15.

Surprisingly it’s not always as obvious as it seems. Suppose somebody accidentally stabbed a woman and she died. The death was accidental but the stabber is worried that the police might think it was intentional. So he decides to hide the body rather than report the death.

I thought it was stilborn.

Assuming this is about the van attack in Germany, the headline has since been corrected.

That doesn’t explain the corny oompah music that autoplayed when I went to their news page, however.

On the local news in L.A. in the '80s, an anchor (Jerry Dunphy, IIRC) announced, ‘A man was shot today seven times…’

:confused:

A terrible tragedy AND an unusually good open mic night.

Obviously, you’ve never seen a horror movie.

The big bad is killed several times before he dies.

José Javier Uranga, at the time director of the newspaper Diario de Navarra, was shot “at least 25 times”. He survived minus some guts, proving he had guts to spare. Eulogy in Spanish (death took place 36 years after the shooting, but linking the eulogy seemed somehow appropriate).

IIRC, she was stabbed several times, and at any rate, being killed by another person, whether it was accidental of intentional can still be termed “foul play.”

Correction: ‘A man was shot to death seven times…’ :smack:

Quite recently:

Cirque du Soleil Aerialist Dies After Fatal Fall During Show

Well, Chuck Norris doesn’t.