Apple versus microsoft.

Where can I find some good info on the early relationship between Wozniak+Jobs, and Gates?
It’s not for homework, my adult daughter wants to know. All I’ve been able to find is modern comparisons of the two systems.
My memory these days really sucks. I need to eat more mackerel. :stuck_out_tongue:
Peace,
mangeorge

Try a book. :slight_smile:

Specifically, something like Fire in the Valley: the Making of the Personal Computer by Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine.

Another interesting book is Accidental Empires: How the Boys of Silicon Valley Make Their Millions, Battle Foreign Competition, and Still Can’t Get a Date. It’s a fun read too, as I remember.

Book!!! Oh yeah, book.
Thanks

Off to amazon.com I go.
I’m a special customer. They have recommendations for me.

http://www.folklore.org/ProjectView.py?project=Macintosh&characters=Bill%20Gates&detail=medium

This is a cool website mainly dealing with the early macintosh situation. It’s very well written and gives a lot of cool information.

I believe that the flawed but interesting TV movie Pirates of the Silicon Valley was based on Fire in the Valley. It had Noah Wyle as Steve Jobs and Anthony Michael Hall as Bill Gates.

And another good book is Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution, by Steven Levy. The book starts with the Tech Model Railroad Club at MIT in about 1960 or so, but it continues into the 1970s.

iWoz by Wozinak talks about him and Bill working together. Jerry Pournelle has some, uh, interesting stories about Gates’s college years.