Archer Season 4 thread

I’m very glad they didn’t make the Skytanic connection out loud.

This was an episode where the pacing felt off and the incongruity of the office vs the field was striking and worked as a disservice. I also didn’t care much for the smooth metal bowl “joke”. There is much more worth parodying in a kitchen.

Still love it though.

If we’re still interested in “most current cultural references” in Archer, I’m pretty sure that celebrity chef reality shows are a product of the mid to late 2000’s (aughts?).

The bumpers were probably the best part of this episode, as well as Archer’s unexpected competence as a chef (modulo the smooth metal bowls).

Some important intel, Cheryl will not spit in your face when she is giving you a handie. That’s good to know.

I wonder if that was the first on-air animated orgasm in US network TV history…

That’s just what she says so you know she’s not easy. She’ll totally do it afterwards anyway.

Hell, it’s not even the first on-air orgasm for this show.

Possibly a callback to his surprising competence at making spaghetti sauce.

It was also the second time (to my knowledge) that they used “aubergine”, but this time as a noun rather than an adjective.

Starting at ~53 seconds ;).

I don’t get Cheryl’s “It’s going all ABBAB” or whatever line.

It’s something Archer said earlier in the episode referring to Cyril. Always Be Berating And Belittling.

Well now we know what happened to “Bilbo”, and also that they are showing the episodes out of order.

They are? Explain.

For me, this was perhaps the funniest episode this season. Seems like they’ve finally hit their stride again.

(Also, amusing: In the closed captioning, Bilbo is identified as… “Bilbo”. :D)

One of the earlier episodes referenced Malory killing Bilbo.

But, Bilbo was a twin. Maybe the twin was in this episode?

Even still, it does seem out of order.

Not quite sure what happened there at the end. Am I meant to assume that Mallory set the whole thing up from the start so the coyotes would pay her the money she wanted to redecorate her office?

Because even for her that’s crossing the line between everyday villiany and cartoonish supervilliany. I worry that the characters are starting to get too Flanderized (remember when Pam actually cared about her job instead of being an oversexed pothead?)

That’s basically how I read it. Incidentally, was the old lady w/ the machine gun supposed to be the “real” coyote?

Yes, but the hot young woman was her daughter, the coyotette, the cub, la princesa jóvena…

ETA: ah, I thought you meant the middle-aged woman driving the truck. Granny Yokum in the station wagon was just cover.

I’m not sure how I felt about this episode. It was meh for me. I didn’t really laugh, but I wasn’t bored.

Things I liked: Archer actually stacking rocks.
The incompetent vet.
Kreiger.

The look between the two gay border agents when one of them says “well blow me!” was fucking priceless.

This week’s episode absolutely cracked me up. Great pacing and lots of funny moments.

Favorite bits;

• Pam humping her gyro
  • Krieger and Piggly 3
  • Mallory getting one-upped once again by Trudy Beakman
  • Cheryl and Pam eating cake and talking about penicillin
  • Cheryl wanting to have sex on top of a tranqed-out tiger
  • “I’m coming, Cyril!” “Bet that’s the first time you’ve said that, right?” and Lana’s glare in response.