Archer Season 4 thread

“I thought that was Richard Petty”.

I really think that was the best episode this season.

Having James Mason meet Archer was a nice touch.

While watching it I wondered how many people would get the Heaven Can Wait reference. My friend watching it with me got The Natural but not that one.

Of course nothing will beat the Magnum P.I. reference from an older episode. That one made me an instant fan.

The hoodie tipped me off.

I thought it was an OK episode. One of the things I did like was when Cyrill was a vaguely competent field agent. Hopefully they’re setting up for something great next week.

It was a nothing episode with some amusing moments, particularly Carol/Cheryl’s incongruous (and apparently unwitting) competence.

I have a feeling Cheryl is the gypsy woman she’s always quoting, coming out of some sort of psychic fugue state.

One thing that caught me off guard: when did Mallory murder the head done?

What’s her face laying into Lana was hilarious…“What? Oh was I speaking out loud?”

And yes, I thought the “Heaven Can Wait” and “The Natural” references were really funny.

“Oh come on, what’s next? Is Mr. Gower gonna slap me deaf?”

“James Mason… James Mason!”

“Maybe that’s his Lorne Greene.”

My household can’t remember either. I wonder if it happened off screen?

Well, the guys at the* Archer* wiki seem equally mystified by the fate of “Bilbo”, as he is occasionally known.

Episode 8: Live and Let Dine (28 Feb 2013)

Archer, Lana, and Cyril go undercover in celebrity chef Lance Casteau’s hellish kitchen.

Trivia: The title of this episode is a reference to the James Bond film, “Live and Let Die.” Casteau is a French-speaking village in Belgium, although here it may also be a reference to Jacques Cousteau.

I’m particularly looking forward to this one as I just recently read Live and Let Die but I suspect that the only reference to the Fleming novel will be the punny title. I’m rereading all the Fleming Bonds just for the hell of it. (I still prefer Alistair MacLean.) Resolved: Live and Let Die is the best Bond theme song of all time.

Hahaha, no. Not in this world in which we live in, it’s not.

I fan-wank the lyrics to the more grammatical, “ever-changing world in which we’re living.” Not entirely sure that it’s not sung that way sometimes.

ETA: Ah, I’ve seen we’ve already covered this: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=293690

Holy crap, is that Bourdain’s voice?

Didn’t Mallory pull this exact same stunt with the Skytanic?

Yes.

Also yes.

It isn’t, but it should have been - if McCartney would’ve put down the joint for five minutes while writing. :wink:

I suppose it wouldn’t be classic Mallory if she only did it once.