Are Americans losing it with Muslims?

Ok, please tell me what I could have done to “put a stop to the violence” when it comes to terrorism.
Please be specific and don’t just say something stupid like "speak out against terrorism.

Unless you are trying to cook numbers you always remove the extreme values.

But how about if we go back to 1980

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

Notice that 90% of attacks were not from Muslims in the US?

Half way through a thread where several posters justified that negative reaction due to some perceived predilection to terrorism by Muslims while ignoring terrorism committed by people they can relate to.

Even starting at 9/11 and all non Islamic terror attacks an american is 100 times more likely to die from malnutrition and we have a very low rate of that in this country.

It is a phobia, it is irrational and it has very serious implications for peaceful Americans whom just happen to be Muslim.

Myself and others try to keep away from terms such as immigrant and Asian if we are discussing a certain group, good or bad we try to name them rather than use the term Asia that covers a massive area of many countries as for the word immigrant it is a whole melting pot of cultures, out of interest how long does a immigrant remain an immigrant some times we are talking 4th 5th generation to me they are British

Yeah, thankfully there haven’t been any troubles in the UK involving Christian terrorists bombing civilians and the like.

Oops, forgot to capitalize Troubles.

Leviticus 20:10
“And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Of course, if you want my absolute favourite passage for Biblical violence, it’s got to be Jesus command of:
“those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.”

Because honestly, only Islam commands its followers to slay non-believers right?

You avoid terms like immigrant and Asian to avoid addressing the sociological reality of a situation, but you are willing to blame some generic “Islam” without identifying which tradition or sect within it. That is simply using language to shape and maintain your prejudices. Islam covers a lot more area than Asia, so your claim of too much breadth is silly.

As to your implication that people whose great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents immigrated to the UK are seriously part of the problem, you will need to provide some evidence for that. To the extent that people whose grandparents were immigrants are an actual problem, then the label immigrant might well apply. Immigrant groups who find themselves confined to ghettos by various acts of discrimination regarding employment, housing, etc. are more likely to hold onto their original traditions and beliefs without assimilating. Referring to them as immigrants can be appropriate when the general society continues to treat them as such.

That is the Jewish half of the bible O/T. The Christian half is the N/T

January 1st, and already we have a candidate for winningest post of the year. Great stuff!

I think you will find that the situation in the U.K. is different to America We do not tend to go in for Ghetto’s. The estate I live on is 2,000 houses, 60% private 40% social housing. Nepalese, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist, Afro Caribbean, French, Portuguese, some E.Europeans and British, we mix in and get on with life, I am godfather to a Philippian boy that we had as next door neighbours, as I say we are a community and just get on with one another.
One of the disservices the media was doing to the immigrant /Asian community was just to report crime as just immigrant/Asian crime not detail their country of origin, if I committed a crime in France I would be reported as English not European. In the U.K. we have been through a series of court cases concerning Muslims having sex with underage girls. To have reported this as Asian crime would have been a slur on all Asians, these cases were a national disgrace so some reports should have reached America

The UK is fortunate that sex with underage girls is limited to Muslims. Here in the US, it is more likely to be committed by Christians.

As I follow the teachings of Jesus the N/T is my Holy Book, the O/T is the history of the Jewish faith, I am not a Jew I am a Christian. I do not have a problem with Jews (probably with orthodox Jews) and I support the right for the State of Israel to exist (and that is a whole new bag of snakes to beat me with)

Sadly not limited to just Muslims we have also some high profile cases concerning many celebrities, punch in Jimmy Saville and see what he was allowed to get away with, a complete and utter disgrace

True, and yet beside the point. There is absolutely no Christian equivalent to Rotherham.

I’m not aware of any Christian terrorism during that conflict.

Could you give me some examples of it?

Also, I don’t recall any accounts of the Munich Olympic massacre referring to the perpetrators as “Muslim terrorists”. Do you think that’s how they should have been referred to?

Should the Liberte De Quebec(apologies for the spelling) be regarded as an example of Christian terrorism as well?

Actually, the heretic Marcion was kicked out of the church around the year 150 for making that very claim.
Now you are not only ignoring the social realities of the situation, you are denying your own (purported) theology.

And yet, you, yourself have claimed that the “Muslims” are separated from the rest of you .
This article in The Guardian disagrees with your claim that there are no ghettos. In addition, scholarly works such as “Does Britain Have Ghettos?” by Ceri Peach in Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, Vol. 21, No. 1 (1996), pp. 216-235, have noted that while the form of British ghettos differs from those in the U.S., they do exist. Heck, even Muslim baiter Nigel Farage claims that there are ghettos, so I doubt that your perception is accurate.

No one should lose their rights, period…and critics are fair game for criticism.

That’s a poor analogy, since the Klan was an actual organization, with an application process, elected leadership, a formal statement of purpose, and the like. A niqab conveys none of this. If you’re looking for a symbol that conveys different messages to different people, and isn’t part of a formal organization, perhaps a Confederate flag is more analogous? That’s still not spot-on though, since it’s explicitly a symbol, and a niqab isn’t.

Sure, talk about that then. What we get here instead is people who want to bash Islam, full stop.

As above, there’s a caveat that symbols means different things to different people. Otherwise, sure.

Apologies; right poll, but the wrong article. This, the source, is what I mean to link to. In shows that this dislike of Islam is coupled with knowing very little about Islam, and the people who dislike it the most are least interested in learning more about it. That speaks to an unreasoning, prejudiced bigotry.

:confused: Bigotry isn’t a synonym for racism.

I’m not seeing those.

Being a Muslim is an essential part of people who self-identify as Muslims. And when people write and believe things like “Islam is a cancer to all the other religions who were capable of getting along with each other”, they’re talking about Muslims, not an abstract religion that can’t affect the physical world.

This just in-the Police chief of Munich, Germany announced that his men foiled a plot by 5-7 muslims to suicide bomb the train station. So the fear of muslim terrorists seems well-founded.

In the same way fear of home invasions or lightning strikes can be well-founded, sure - people do die from them, just a very small number. No one’s disputing that.

Then, as a good Christian, you would know that the quote from Jesus (you might’ve heard of him) was from Luke.

Why is it that so many so-called devout Christians know less about the Bible than many of the atheists on this board?

You are a sly one, my friend! Even though the war was primarily political, I was ready to prove you wrong. Except I couldn’t. Just a “nice” little civil war. Too many indiscriminate civilian deaths for my taste, but mostly attacks on the power structure, if you can call shooting young recruits on patrol the power structure. I kinda liked blowing up Mountbatten both because it was a direct strike at the Queen and because I never liked him, but again it was far from surgical and killed and injured people I had no problem with.

Also, the Irish of both stripes were smart enough to not suicide bomb, at least on purpose. It’s just politics, not a matter of Heaven or Hell. A car bomb will make the same point. :wink:

Truth be told, I am so glad that mess is over! They closed the charity down the block that brought over Catholic and Protestant kids so they can see that living together is possible. O’Neill’s Bar down the street in the other direction still has the Red Hand of Ulster painted on the door, but I always figured that was an affectation because of the owner’s name. We had a Chidope in a bar that had been a major fundraiser for the IRA, but nobody tried to hit me up for money. And the best was a news story in the early 2000s about a sewage corruption scandal in Belfast that had NOTHING to do with religion. Just good, ol’ corrupt Irish politicians, like have always been a part of my life. I wept at the return to normalcy.

If you mean in the sense of the Christian and secular authorities among the social workers and police effectively condoning the crimes by their refusal to act, possibly not. Otherwise, not really accurate.

(It would be interesting to see an actual breakdown of Rotherham perps who actually prayed five times daily or attended the mosque, Fridays, as opposed to guys who happened to have had parents who immigrated from Pakistan.)