Are Any Radio Stations in Your Market Playing Round-the-Clock Christmas Music?

The concept of the 12 days of Christmas is rapidly becoming archaic; few to no people celebrate it outside of church, where it is the time between Christmas and Epiphany. Since most Christmas music on the radio is decidedly secular and is concerned with presents and such, having it run during the secular “holiday season” from Thanksgiving through Christmas Day is entirely appropriate.

94.1 WBHC-FM, Canton (I think).

Which makes me thankful for my cd player and collection of religious Christms music that I begin playing a day or so before Christmas and continue through Epiphany.

(If not WBHC, then possibly WREO 97.1 FM, Ashtabula. It was faint and I couldn’t see the co-worker’s radio dial clearly.)

And they took away my freakin’ disco channel to do it, too! I want Chrome back, you bastards!

Then again, they’re gonna stop supporting my receiver pretty soon, too …

101.3 FM, The ROSE . Sigh. I really miss my all eighties Fridays!

KOST 103.5 in Los Angeles. A whole month of Christmas music.

Pffft. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t listen to him…he’s a scrooge! :slight_smile:

Of course, I was so excited I was jumping up and down when I turned on the Rose the Monday before Thanksgiving and heard Christmas music…don’t listen to anything else in the car. I love it!

This is Lancaster, PA, btw.

Yes, the “lite rock” station in Pittsburgh, WISH 99.7, has been playing holiday music all month.

I’m glad I only have to listen to the radio when I go out with my parents, and then, I only have to listen to the few seconds between the car starting and my mp3 player loading. I despise Xmas music.

107.9 FM, KLTB “Lite 108” in Boise is playing all Christmas music 24/7.

100.3 FM, the local Lite Rock (read: elevator music for office environments) station had been in an all-Christmas-music format since a couple of days before Thanksgiving. Also, the Oldies Station (I forget its frequency) has a decent smattering of Christmas music in it.

My normal morning drive radio station started their all Christmas music format a week before Thanksgiving. This forced me to actually attempt to listen to one of my evening stations in the morning. I’m proud to say that I lasted through nearly 20 minutes of the Bob and Tom show before giving up*. I tried the country music station I normally listen to in the afternoons, but the team of Liberals are evil guy and Liberals are idiots guy makes this show almost as unbearable as Bob and Tom.

I’d give up on morning radio completely, but I have to listen to a local station. I leave for work at 6:00, and the superintendant of the school district where I work has the habit of canceling school on snow days at about 6:15.

*I’ve heard rumours that listening to Bob and Tom was considered as a technique for interrogating Iraqi prisoners, but was discarded for being too cruel.

The other station doing 24/7 Christmas music in Detroit is the other lite rock station, 105.1 FM. Personally, I feel like it’s a little bit too much. I enjoy Christmas music, but all things in moderation. :slight_smile:

I know Sunny 95 is doing it in Columbus, but who else?

99.1 in Houston does this every year.

It was my deep, dark secret that I keep this channel permanently on during the holidays, but this year I decided to embrace my dorkiness and let everyone know…

I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!

Except Jessica Simpson’s awful “What Christmas Means to Me.” That thing is an abomination.