Are jewish religion and ideology a threat to us all

Now wait just one cotton pickin’ minute here! According to Jack Chick, I, as a Catholic, rule the world with the help of the Illuminati!

Yeah, you control the world-in your dreams!

[sub] [sup] [had to be done] [/sup] [/sub]

Og control world governemnt!
OG! OG! OG! OG! OG! OG! OG!

[/had to be done]

:stuck_out_tongue:

I retract my statement TS, I’m talking out of my ass.

It’s OK, ToF. Speaking completely unauthorizedly for the other Jews on the board…we still love you.

What could be more threatening than the 10 commandments, introduced to the world through the Jewish religion. All those who murder, disresepct their parents, lie - particularly under oath, commmit adultery, blashpheme or worship false gods are threatened by the 10 commandments - just so long as they do not wish to reform.

So THAT’S why Jonathan Chance plays Diplomacy so much! War games and simulations! HE’S HELPING THE E.O.Z. PLAN THEIR CONQUEST!!!
Judging by his performance in Aberration, we’re all quite safe… D&R :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m curious how people have come to the conclusion OP is/was a troll, instead of just someone who is ignorant, and can benefit from the SDMB-brand ignorance fighting.

Oh, and surely the board isn’t now banning people simply because of unpopular views? I hope this ORION fellow wasn’t banned because of this OP. Ignorant it may be, but he or she is entitled to their ignorant opinion, IMHO.

Eh, Revtim, you’ve been here long enough to know that people aren’t banned just for having ignorant or unpopular views.

One reason for the quick banning of the OP might be that he’s a returning sock puppet.

The OP was banned around a year ago for various excesses. I had not paid too much attention to the Username on the OP until after I had hit Submit. The “banned” label under its name was not placed there today, but many months ago.

(I suppose this could be a new incarnation. I never memorized how many asters it used in the name the last time it was here.)

I guess it would have to be a new incarnation, since the OP was posted today.

Yes, the Jewish religion is a threat to us all. Tonight, at the Passover seder, Aunt Estelle was waving the lamb shank around in a most threatening manner. And my mother-in-law’s matzo apple kugel? It’ll kill ya!

OK, I have a couple of questions and I think I’m i the right place for some answers. First, I hope Orion wasn’t banned for an opposing view. Do the moderators post why they make these decisions (I’m new and still getting a feel for this)? NOw for questions on Judaism…OK, is the ‘chosen people’ concept widely accepted amoungst the general jewish population?
If a person converts to Judaism are they then ‘chosen’, as well?
I guess what I really want to know is it an exclusionary religion? Please don’t label me antisemetic. I was raised Catolic and now live in the bible belt soooooo I don’t have alot of Jewish friends to ask such questions to.

Pixiegrrrl–As the above posters have stated, “Orion” is a banned poster from long ago.

You have some good questions about Judaism, which I’m sure many would be glad to answer. I don’t think this godforsaken thread is gonna be the best place to get good answers, though. Maybe try IMHO?

I don’t know what your cause is, but you ain’t helping it. S. Willy has a legitamate question which you answer with anger, rhetoric and EXCLUSIONARY principles. How do you know he’s not of native american descent and understands your hurt and anger but chooses not to align himself with more of what’s killing the world. Is anyone who is not Jewish entitled to an opnion about what’s going on?

Thanks Green Bean…I’ll do that. I appreciate all the advice I can get as I learn my way around the board.

Hmmm, I just realized that a “questions on Judaism” thread would prolly be better in GD. That’s where religion stuff tends to gravitate. There may be existing threads on this subject already. Try doing a search in the meantime.

All those *'s make me twitch with horrible, horrible memories.

{twitch}

Esprix

[sub]Scylla[/sub]

Hey, I don’t blame you one bit! After all, if I was told by an offshoot of my religion that I’m no longer following my god correctly, I’d be a bit bitter, too!

Drink up!

:wink: