Are Some People Not Effected By Caffeine?

I’ve never noticed in myself any impacts from consuming caffeine. I regularly drink caffeinated diet sodas while going to sleep (that is, if I’ve started one I’ll just leave it on the nightstand as my drink on hand should I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night).

I tend not to be a person who has difficulty waking up or staying awake (all of my all-nighters over the years have been unassisted) but when exceptions happen I’ve never found caffeine to be of any help. I’ve never tried any of the really high dose stuff (don’t like coffee and rarely have never even tasted a Red Bull or other energy drink) so maybe it would be different if I tried it at those levels.

However, if I do get into a period of heavy caffeine consumption (once had a job where soda was free and I got into a more than a six pack a day of Diet Coke habit), I will get withdrawal headaches when I stop.

Looks like a good place to throw in my favorite caffeine link. Death by Caffeine. There’s also a tab at the top with the caffeine content of just about every drink there is and a lot of foods.

I’m another one that can drink a pot of coffee and then go to sleep. Natural resistance or tolerance I couldn’t say.

I seem to be less or at least differently affected by caffeine. It doesn’t really help me wake up or concentrate. It does seem to stimulate some apparently useless part of my brain, with the result that I’m more likely to be distracted by the stimulation. And with enough of the stuff, I just sort of feel ill.

I also don’t get any noticable effect from taurine, except to get a little sick if I consume enough of it.