Are there horror films where nobody dies? (Open spoilers)

Oh, yeah – I forgot the natives in the tent. Sorry about that.

But nobody on the Rita gets killed by the Gill Man, although one guy gets burned.

Huh? Most of his unit dies in Vietnam. And at the end, he’s dead in the field hospital.

The movie you want is April Fool’s Day (1986)

It fits all of the OP’s conditions I believe,
Not bad, from what I remember, I saw it on a date in high school.

And on the plus side, it’s another movie where MacKauley Culkin dies (sort of.)

Pretty sure no one dies in One Hour Photo, featuring a completely creepy Robin Williams.

That’s what I came to mention, notable (from a teenage boy perspective) that the movie had both of the 80’s hottie Deborahs in the movie (Foreman and Goodrich).

I’d argue at the beginning he’s dead in the field hospital. The events of the move don’t appear to be actually happening so much may or may not have already happened or will never happen, and Jacob may have already been dead during even the combat scene he’s shown participating in. The end of the movie seems to indicate that Jacob died before it began, and that most of the scenes we’ve seen have just been shreds of his possible life being stripped away as he died. I admit it’s a stretch, that’s why I said “sorta.” :slight_smile:

I’m still trying to figure out how to justify Requiem for a Dream as a horror movie. To me, the gruesomeness and phantasmagoria of it are far more horrifying than a lot of flicks that would qualify as traditional “horror” movies, like, say, Eight Legged-Freaks.

I killed a man in Vegas for saying that. Well–actually so I could watch him die. But I chose him rather than the guy sitting beside him because he was the one who said that.

Anyway, I feel obliged to defend Signs. Even now that I’m an atheist again I think it’s a wonderful movie; it’s just one whose plot can only be understood symbolically, and whose use of sci-fi tropes is only pro forma.

In 1408, the only implied death is his daughter, which happened before the movie starts. Cusack dies in the alternate ending but lives in the regular one.

Speaking of which: I’ve never seen the theatre-version of The Butterfly Effect: does that one count (the final result at the end, that is :))

Ahhh. That movie terrified me when I was a kid. It’s probably not even all that scary, but it still freaked me out. I didn’t think anyone else remembered it.

The bicyclist that got hit by a car. She’s standing by the kid’s window and she has died and her head looks pretty gruesome.

Mark “Marky Mark” Wahlberg’s older brother Donnie Wahlberg of “New Kids on the Block,” incidentally.

Note to self: apply for trademark on username; send threatening letter to spoike.

:wink:

Only one human being dies in The Fly, and it’s debatable just how “human” he is at the end, anyway. But there’s loads of goop and goo and gore before that. Plus a very graphic baboon death.

Do zombie movies count? Most of the people who die get back up again…

Zombies don’t count as alive, but if you can find a zombie movie where everybody dead gets reanimated, ill give you a million theoretical Internet dollars.

Hey! This is my first thread with a second page. :slight_smile:

You’re right, but I was thinking along the lines of ‘bad death’ like in a movie. Instead, it’s a man dying of old age.

-Joe

Yeah, I know. During the past week or so, I’ve been confused by your name a couple of times. I see a post by me, glance at it, think “What? I didn’t write that!” and then realize it’s you. It’s generally been on subjects about which I know nothing (banking crisis, BBQ, Confederacy, etc.) so it’s been extra startling.

I’m going to have to think about changing my name, I guess.

How about The Amityville Horror? Can’t remember any deaths in that one.

I was just going to say that one as well. But you have to ignore all the shootings at the start of the movie that “explain” the house, so you have to bend the rules.