Are there more examples of Greek and Roman in the same word or phrase?

I’ve heard (but can’t recall who said it) of television, that “Nothing good can come from an invention coined from both Greek and Roman roots.” (Perhaps that was also from Ernie Kovacs, who said "“Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done.”)

Are there more examples of Greek and Roman in the same word or phrase?

Wikipedia, naturally, has a page of hybrid words with Greek and Latin roots.

The quote you’re looking for is properly, “Television? The word is half Latin and half Greek. No good can come of it.” by journalist C. P. Scott.

“Automobile” is the one that I always remember, if only because the pure-Greek “autokineticon” sounds so much cooler.

The genus name: Australopithecus: Latin: *australis *(southern) Greek: *pithecos *(ape).

Nitpick: It’s “autokineton”

Likewise “hypertension.” “Supertension” is much cooler.

And after the autokineton industries really got moving, the vehicles they produced became known as ‘tokes’.

There’s the bigon/digon dispute in low dimensional topology. Mnemonic: Let bigons be bygones.

I used to work for a company called Transkaryotic Therapies. Trans is Latin, I believe, for across. Karyo is Greek but I’m not sure what it means. Head?
AFAIK the word was coined when the company was formed. It was supposed to recall the use of prokaryotic (bacterial) DNA to therapeutically transform eukaryotic cells.

Quadraphonic is an interesting case because it’s hybrid despite its older brother, stereophonic, being consistent in its roots: Greek-Greek.

Karyon= Nucleus, from the greek word for nut, kernel

It’s quite common in botanical names (well, actually, binomial nomenclature in general)

Example: Parsley is Petroselinum crispum
Petros (rock) - Greek
Selinon (celery) - Greek
Crispum (curly) - Latin

Tyrannosaurus Rex

tyrannos - (Gr) king (or tyrant)
sauros - (Gr) lizard
rex - (Ltn) king

‘Homosexual’

‘homos’ in Greek meaning ‘same’ (not Latin ‘homo’ meaning ‘man’).

“Sociology” in 1830 was probably the first such coinage, and if I remember right, at the time it was criticized for being a mixture of Latin and Greek.