Are there video games where you can run too fast or jump too high?

I really do feel the music would have been enhanced exponentially had they simply had instrumentals. I’ll concede most of the lyrics themselves aren’t “Follow my rainbow” terrible, but that’s damning with faint praise. They were still, imo, cheesy as hell, and totally unnecessary.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. However, I’m not sure if the Cube version allows you to save in S&K, as that required S3 on the genesis to work.

FWIW here’s the whole song (Escape From the City, first Hero level). And I’d say it’s closer to J-rock than J-pop (not to mention the band is American based and has an American singer, though most of the members are indeed Japanese, but whatever).

Be granted that you’re talking to someone who had most of the Sonic music on his iPod and listens to it regularly. Some of their newer songs are great too, and almost redeem crappy games by their presence Knight of the Wind is just that good.

Wait, they don’t link them? Lame. I expected them to just be bundled as 'Sonic 3 and Knuckles" and I really don’t see why they’re not. That is a big ding on that collection. It’s bad enough that I would actually advocate buying the game and then just playing a bundled ROM.

Well, at least you know you’re crazy :wink:

I honestly don’t remember how that worked in Mega Collection. I’m pretty sure it had some of the ‘lock on’ features though…perhaps S&K was enabled by selecting the older games first, thus bypassing the save option in S&K? I’m really not sure; it’s been years since i played it.

Ever notice that the riff from Walk Idiot Walk by the Hives is pretty similar to the Metropolis Zone music?

Wow, you’re right. Youtube agrees, check the featured video at the top of the related bar. There’s a remix waiting to happen in there somewhere.

I bought Sonic Adventures 2: Battle today. Played a little at my friend’s house. We exhausted our lives trying to kill the first boss and then raced each other a few times. It was pretty fun. I wish the racing wasn’t quite so auto-piloty but we both still liked it. I’ll play more tomorrow.

Tribes?

Its an fps, instead of a platformer, but you can get up to impressive speeds in it, and by ramping up hills, can jump incredible distances.

My roommate did this using some sort of status ailment in Morrowind (that increased certain stats as you slept, at the cost of losing another that could go well below zero). If he used his full jump, he’d have to go through at least a couple loading screens.

He later restarted. Incidentally, he beat the game without magic (which includes no potions since they were sparkly)

I remember there was an NES game based on the Blues Brothers where I believe Player 1 (Jake) ran pretty fast. It was either that or an illusion of that, because for some reason, the camera always followed Jake- if you were playing a two-player game, Elwood could be somewhere else entirely and the camera wouldn’t follow him.

YOU’RE WINNER !

Speaking of Sonic (and plenty of you have), he’s almost too fast to be useable in my experience with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but here’s how to have some of the most fun *I’ve *ever had with this game:
Get 4 players together (this makes SSBB better in general, obviously)
Set up a Special Brawl, giving everyone rabbit ears and turning the speed to Fast
Make everyone select Sonic (Fox and his gang or Captain Falcon are also good)
Select one of the more wide-open stages
BRAWL!

The rabbit ears also make almost every character jump too high, or at least it’ll seem that way until you get used to it.