Are you a Homo Sapien or Homo Interneticus?

BBC has coined the term Homo Interneticus. Homo Interneticus does not have any offline friends. They are addicted either to talking/arguing online, or playing video games or worse.

I have recently achieved level 99 in Magic, Range, Slayer, Summoning in Runescape.

Just FYI, the “s” in sapiens doesn’t make it plural. :wink:

Being a Homo Interneticus I make some mistakes.

Doesn’t being able to see the poll kind of self-select for not being Homo Sapien? :dubious:

Not everyone who uses the Internet is a Homo Interneticus – only if you have Internet Addiction Disorder.

Also, the specific epithet should not be capitalized, and the whole thing should be either italicized or underlined. Homo sapiens.

I’m just a plain ol’ homo.

There aint nothin’ plain about you :slight_smile:

As for me, I’m neither one; kind of a Billy no mates :frowning:

Thanks – being a Homo Interneticus, I have my own grammar style.

You have over 24,000 posts and I have at most 6,000 in English and 8,000 in Russian – you are a Homo Interneticus like me.

I considered myself Homo Ntherange.

I read an article about how the internet is replacing our collective memory. There’s no need to remember most things when you can just look them up or store them in a text file or whatever, nor need to remember spelling, phone numbers, etc. I can’t remember what it was called though…

Cracked has mentioned that, I think. One of the “After Hours” bits takes it further, explaining that the Internet (+ its users) is an emergent intelligence. We are part of Skynet, as it were, or rather of something even weirder.

I’m just a Ho. I’ve read Yuval Noah Harari’s ‘Sapiens’ though, after stumbling across it during a 72-hour bleary-eyed 'net binge. By any loose definition, that makes me a Ho.

I believe the term is dorkus malorkus

> I considered myself Homo Ntherange.

Could you please explain.

> There’s no need to remember most things when you can just look them up or store them in a text file or whatever, nor need to remember spelling, phone numbers, etc.

That is part of Human Devolution.

♪ “…where the buffalo ROM and the /dir and the GNU play…” ♪