Are you a t-shirt and jeans kind of person?

Jeans * aren’t * comfortable. I can’t believe people saying “I’ll take the comfy jeans”.

I’m skinny but jeans irritate my stomach. They’re so inflexible.

Am I alone thinking this?

I’m not hijacking; Reeder just curious. Sorry about that.

renigademaster - Guys can certainly wear dresses or skirts if they are so inclined.

Can you say “kilt”?

I myself have long been considering acquiring a kilt, and if one has a kilt then you would also need a purse. I have no desire to purchase and wear a flowery sundress with those delightful spaghetti straps but that’s just me.

Most times you will find me attired in jeans or khakis with a t-shirt and perhaps a sweater if the weather is cool. You can also not have enough plaid flannel shirts.

I also have some great formal clothes and I’m told I clean up very nicely. There are rare occasions when this kind of dress is required and if I am going to dress up I want to make sure I do it well.

I wear what’s appropriate to the occasion—I don’t understand people who insist on wearing jeans and a T-shirt everywhere and refuse to dress up; I also don’t understand anyone who would wear a Vera Wang frock to a softball game.

I’m basically a sweater-and-skirt girl. Nice cotton Lands’ End sweaters or cardigans; straight, knee-length skirts. They can be dressed up with pearls or I can substitute a khaki or denim skirt for more casual events.

Damn right guys can wear skirts. But it’s not a purse, it’s a sporran, and not only does it hold your keys, but it also serves as your last line of defense against sudden updrafts, considering its clever placement (front and center).

If you’ve been considering a kilt, then I say go for it. Get a good kilt, a belt with a buckle you like, and a good, leather sporran for all occasions. You’ll thank yourself later.

As for day-to-day clothing, I tend to lean toward jeans and comfortable shirts, but I don’t care if the shirt has buttons or not, as long as it’s good for the current weather and feels good. I usually have to at least wear “Dockers” style pants or slacks at the office, and have had to wear a jacket and tie at a couple of jobs. I don’t mind so much, as long as I get to change to more comfy clothes at the end of the day.

I do tend to make sure that I dress well whatever I’m wearing, so I have nice dress shirts, several ties, and good wool jackets to wear with my slacks. I tend to wear western boots instead of dress shoes, though. I never wear boots with the kilt.

I usually wear a polo shirt and either jeans or Dockers. My job requires that I occasionally wear a dressier shirt & tie, etc., but I’m much more comfortable in casual clothes. I generally attempt to dress to according to whatever’s happening on a particular day, or as Eve said “appropriate to the occasion”.

Definitely jeans-n-T’s for me. Most of my jeans are black or blue, tho I have a couple other colors for variety. I also have a few buttoned shirts and nicer tops, and a couple of dresses for the very rare occasions that they’re needed.

We lead a very relaxed, casual lifestyle. And the nature of my job is such that jeans are appropriate and often preferred. I’ve donned businesswear for special meetings and travel, and I fear my next job will require a bit more formality, but at heart, I’m comfy.

Definitely jeans/sweats and T-shirt if I can. We’re casual enough at the office Dokcer-type pants and a polo shirt get by. Yes, I do own a suit for weddings and funerals.

We don’t have the legs for them:p

Hell yeah!

…Though I’m a little ambivalent. Like a lot of people, when I see how people dress in old movies (think Carey Grant), I think there was a certain graciousness of lifestyle being portrayed there which is sadly gone today.

Yet, I find it almost impossible to find slacks (including Dockers), that fit well. It seems like when I buy the right waist, the length is always too long and has to be hemmed up about 2". The result is that they are way too loose and flapping in the thigh and waist area. I hate hearing my keys and coins jingle and rattle like a custodian’s, and I don’t like losing things out of those low-cut pockets when I sit down, particularly in a car. I also don’t like the fact that if you put any but the thinnest wallet in the back pocket of your slacks, it will eventually start a little hole at the corner of the pocket.

At my office we have completely casual Friday; on the other days it’s “business casual”, which means that we’re not supposed to wear jeans or tennis shoes. I stretch the rule by wearing newish black 501’s with Italian loafers and a matching belt, and a sport jacket in most cases. So technically I’m in violation, but I’ve never been given any trouble for it, probably because it’s an inside job with no direct customer contact.

I’m a little less enthusiastic about T-shirts; I’ll wear them to the beach or the market, but that’s about it. Otherwise I prefer polos or turtleneck-style shirts.

This thread reminds me, has anyone noticed in those Office Depot commercials, how the employees they show, wearing those hideous khaki’s, all look like they have 42-inch waists, at least? They don’t, of course, but those pants just make everyone look fat!

“At my office we have completely casual Friday . . .”

—Me, too. That’s the day I wear the FAUX pearls.

I probably fall into this category as well, but i have some nice tops to wear with my jeans. I wear tank tops very often, under sweaters and by themselves.

I do not really have to think about what i wear to work so much, just have to take a set of scrubs from the closet, get dressed and go.

Same here.

'Course, that’s probably because I’m male.

At the office: jeans (blue or black, and relatively new) and a dress shirt.

I’d dress up a bit more if I interacted with the public, but I don’t. But even as a government cubicle rat, T-shirts at the office seem to me to be underdressing.

In my free time: jeans and t-shirts all the way. Flannel shirts in winter, frayed cutoffs and sandals in summer.

For special occasions: I like to dress up for worthwhile stuff. Not for going to Fuddrucker’s or the multiplex, but when I take my wife out to a classy restaurant, we dress. For me, that means a minimum of jacket and tie, slacks, and shoes that get shined. Ditto stuff like Thanksgiving dinner, or somebody’s wedding. If I don’t think it’ll be overdressing for the occasion and the company, I’ll go with a suit and tie.

But I prefer it when it’s a special occasion that I’m dressing for; I’d hate to have to dress up once a week, let alone every day.