Are you armed and what do you carry?

Do you live where open carry weapons can be loaded?

Not a fan of the open carry movement where I am… I see no point in carrying an unloaded weapon. People get tested and hurt that way.

I came in to say that I don’t carry a gun, but I do carry a short pocketknife most of the time. It’s mostly for utility; I’ve pulled it exactly once, and that was because I was being charged by a dog (who broke off when I kicked at it). I can imagine very few situations where pulling a knife makes things better.

**Soliloquy **you got one hell of a purse if you carry all that and the 870 around with you everywhere.

You should see my trench coat.

I have one of THESE usually. It fits well in any normal, non dress pants pocket and gives me lots of options in terms of self defense.

Basically this, only I’m 30, not 50. I just don’t feel like I’m likely to be in a position to need to defend myself. I do have dogs at home, who would come to my defense if I was attacked, but meh. I just don’t think it’s ever going to happen.

Oooh! I’ve got a sonic screwdriver in my overcoat, does that count? I didn’t see in in the poll options.

I’m willing to answer those questions, but I think it should be a different thread.

I usually carry a 38 revolver, or 357 magnum revolver, or both, depending on where I am going, and who is with me.

1. For those of you who carry** knives**, there are thousands of confusing, conflicting, changing, restricting, state, local, county, and city laws prohibiting knives, fast opening knives, hunting knives, fixed blade knives, switchblade knives, gravity knives, double bladed knives, double edged knives, serrated knives, daggers, dirks, some knives, all knives, different length knives, different kinds of blades of knives, etc. IT can be virtually impossible to legally carry a knife in many, most places. )

2. You are wrong, and cities are probably where you most need to carry a gun.

Knife laws get particularly confusing when they use terms like dirk or dagger which don’t have a really distinct meaning.

I carry a knife, but that is mostly to cut my cigars. If someone attacked me, maybe I could circumcise them.

If I am mugged by Jews, I’m doomed.

Regards,
Shodan