Are you deaf or a crook, room service order taker?

Excuse while I giggle at the thought of someone ordering a cheeseburger with a Coke and actually getting it. It could be worse, Happy Wanderer.

[sub]Ah, come on, I can’t be the only one who started going, “Chee’boogah, chee’boogah, chee’boogah, chee’boogah. No Coke-- Pepsi!”[/sub]

$10 for a burger? That’s Singapor dollars, isn’t it?

I just dropped in to say that your thread title immediately made me think that this would make a great “Real Men of Genius” commercial.

It could have been worse–they could have given you warm Clamato juice.

:eek:

I’ve never gotten good room service food. The best is mediocre, and the worst is truly awful.

One of the last corporate mega-meetings I attended lasted a month. That’s right, I spent a month in a Sheraton near Croydon.

The first night I was too exhausted to go hunting for food, plus it was quite late. I’d just flown over from Mexico. I call room service, order the tuna salad and a Coke.

The tuna salad was a sort’a regular salad, two kinds of lettuce, tomato, with a chunk of fresh grilled tuna on top, no dressing. The coke was in a wine cup, with 3 ice cubes. Too much ice and not enough coke for my taste but the salad was good.

A few days later, same order: the tuna was out of a can, the rest of the salad was also completely different, white dressing, the coke was a can.

Third try, third different salad (fresh tuna again, this time in bits, pink dressing, no lettuce in sight) and the coke in a bottle. Since I had to speak with the front desk about something else anyway, I asked them to please standardize their recipes and drink sizes - when I order something because I liked it, I want to get what I got the first time. I’m no fan of fast food, but heck, at least a burger is a burger is a burger!

Of course you don’t have to pay for the Tomato juice. In fact, you don’t have to pay for the food, either. Just go down next day, and explain the burger & fries were cold, and there was a tomato juice also on the bill that your didn’t order. Askf ro the charges to be removed from your bill. Be nice, be firm.

I salute you, Mr Room Service Order Taker (usually gets most orders righhhhhht!)

Why, upon receiving cold nasty food and warm tomato juice, did you not pick up the phone and have them correct the problem?