Are you freaking KIDDING me, or are you that stupid?

Huh? It evens out; you get some (very little) gas at the beginning that the last person paid for, and leave some (very little) gas at the end that you paid for. Out of curiousity, how much gas did you manage to get out of the hoses?

In my experience, gas hoses that will stretch across the car aren’t as common as they used to be. I don’t know if it’s because stations want to save money on three or four feet of extra hose that is rarely needed, or a safety measure, or what.

WAG: it’s because manufacturers never put filler caps on the back of the vehicle anymore, so uber-long hoses aren’t really necessary. That, and gas stations are nearly all “standardized” now, with two (or more) rows of double sided pumps, meaning it’s fairly easy to pull up next to the pump on the right side.

Back in the day, gas stations were smaller and more cramped, and there might only have been one way “in”. There are lots still like that in Britain, and imagine in the Northeast US, too.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point this out.

I didn’t think about it until after I posted, and then when I thought about it there was only 1 station I could think of that is setup this way (it has a bunch of lanes each 1 car wide with pumps on both sides). Jokes on me!

Have you ever been to a gas station, dumbass? No, there was no way for any hose from any pump to reach her tank.

Joe

HGily carp I wish they’s put a sticker on the dash of rental cars saying what side the cap is on.

Sounds like a poor design if there are no hoses that can reach the gas tanks.

You could have suggested to her to just open a window on each side of the car and run the hose thru the car to the filler side. (If you think she knows how to open the windows). That’s what firefighters do when they have to connect a hose to a hydrant behind a parked car. But they don’t need to “open” the windows, they break them out.

Or told her to just poor it straight on the engine, that works too.

Just saw your other post - sorry to pile on.

Joe

Huh?

That string of words you put together makes no sense.

Now I’m glad I piled on after your apology…

Joe

There are no “sorry’s” in the pit! It’s all fun.

[quote=“Frank, post:41, topic:571159”]

Huh? It evens out; you get some (very little) gas at the beginning that the last person paid for, and leave some (very little) gas at the end that you paid for. Out of curiousity, how much gas did you manage to get out of the hoses?

We got enough to drive around for about another 25 minutes to find an open gas station. In that time there was not so many 24 hour stations.

Ok, let me try again:

Sounds
a
poor
design
if
there
are
no
hoses
that
can
reach
the
gas
tanks.
Do you disagree? You think that having hoses that can’t reach the gas tanks is a good design?

Again, it’s all fun.

You are still not making any sense. Using a bigger font won’t help.

Ok, let’s start with the basics to break this communications impasse:

1. Do you know what a gas tank is?
  2. Do you know what a hose is?

Now you’re being condescending.

Here’s the thing. The hoses would have reached had she pulled to the proper side of the pump. That doesn’t seem like a piss-poor design to me.

If I put my computer in the middle of the living room, the AC adaptor cord won’t reach any of the power outlets. I’m suing my home builder for their deficient design.

DaftPeople is choosing to read my post literally, not understanding the implied "no hose can reach her tank without her moving the car.

Joe