Are you ready to die?

I’m the type of person who gets excited when the airplane hits turbulence. Maybe this will be the one!

I don’t think the poll options are adequate.

I am ready to die in the sense that I am reconciled to the inevitability of my mortality and have taken steps to see that my family are taken care of if I do unexpectedly. And in fact there are things I consider worse than death

But I’m not ready to die. Partly because life is sweet, and partly because there are things I want to witness first. I want to see my baby grow up. I want to see my wife get her master’s degree. I want to see my favorite niece graduate from college and then medical school. I want to see my stepdaughter succeed as a photographer. I’d lose all that if I were to die soon.

I don’t think worrying about death is a bad thing as long as it’s not taken to extremes. Knowledge of our mortality spurs us to seek, to strive, and not to yield. More importantly it shows us what is important and what is not.

Ask me next month, when they wheel me in for my open-heart surgery.

Just make sure and change your user name to mean really old lady when you get there.

You misparsed the sentence. She will be fucking 4 different people at 100 years old.

My father-in-law is 96 and in reasonably good shape - mentally even better than physically - so I’ve got something to shoot for. He has a 97 year old girlfriend also.

Goes for younger men, does she? :smiley:

I’m a little uneasy about it because I think I’ll fuck it up somehow (insert “mostly dead” joke here). I mean, I’ve never died before. What if it’s not a straighforward process? I really wish this was me being silly.

Young, dumb and full of cum, huh? :smiley: Bwahahahaha :smiley:

Maybe you just need to grow up a bit, get over the fact that like everyone else
you are going to die, and pick a username that doesn’t make people think you
might possibly have the mental age of a first-day Junior HS student.

I’m ready.

Yes.

I’ve got 3 girls to raise to adulthood. One of my daughters is on the autism spectrum and I need to get her set before I kick the bucket…

OK, I’m ready now. Will someone be contacting me?

right now is a good time, I’ll be outside in front of my building, just drive-by…

absofuckinglutely. I’ve got some things to wrap up, but nothing essential. I know who will take my special little foster dog when I’m gone and know she’ll be okay. The other two foster dogs can and will easily adapt to a different foster home. They’re more resilient. I have no money left (no- I have $40 and an empty gas tank). I’m out of work now, so I don’t have to worry about it. The only thing I really still have to do is go to a concert with a friend of mine because I promised I would. After that, I’m absolutely ready and willing. My family is even pretty well wrapped up and most of my friends came from my job… nobody has contacted me at all since I was last at work, so I can assume they’ll be fine without me. And my girl… she’ll understand. She’ll be sad, but she’ll understand. I’m so, so ready.