Are you ready to die?

Yes, pretty much. I’m in no hurry but it’s going to happen at some point and I’m fine with it. Sure there is stuff I want to do, but that’s life so I try to do what I can now.

I’ve been suicidal off and on for almost 17 years, so obviously I don’t fear physical death. However, I was raised a fundamentalist and I still have residual nightmares about an afterlife filled with fire and brimstone. I’d be thrilled if nothingness was in front of me. Some days, I welcome that and a respite from the sheer torture that my life has become. Others, I’m still good for the long haul, so it all evens out.

I’ve been comfortable with my own mortality since I was shorter than the table.

But with a project going live on July 1st, if I went and died now my boss would kill me…

You’ve been on one of my boss’ conference calls, then.
I’m comfortable with my mortality,but I’m not quite ready to pine for the fjords.

Have some plans for this evening, but after that, yeah.

If you’re fucking four at a hundred, you’ve obviously got plenty of life left in you.

Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line

Funny you should mention this. I just met with a guy yesterday about leaving my books to the University library.

Yes, I am ready to die.

If you had asked me this 6 of 7 months ago, my answer would have been absolutely YES, the sooner the better. But for the time being, I have found some happiness in my life that’s been a long time in coming, so I would kinda like to savor it for a while.

Besides, my dogs cats, and the filly I’m training would miss me.

I hope to be fucking when I am 104.

I like living. I am not really afraid of death, per se, but I’m not anxious to bring it on any faster either. You only go around once. I want my chance.

Nailed it.

The way they staff nursing homes, you probably *will *be, not that you’ll know it.

Sometimes I’m okay with it, sometimes it scares me. I think dying painfully is the scariest part. I think about my own mortality a lot, and gradually have become more comfortable with it as I age.

I’m agnostic with atheist leanings, but I was a fundamentalist Christian as a teen, and the fear of hell never left me. While all evidence points to, ''consciousness ceases," we really don’t actually know because not a single person who has died has been able to talk about the experience. The unknown is the scariest thing.

I’m not “worried” about it, as it is of course inevitable. That does not mean that I am in any way ready to die. I enjoy being alive and would like to stay that way for as long as I can.

I’m comfortable with my own mortality, but am very uncomfortable with the idea of dying any time soon. We all go some day, but if I don’t make it to 85, I’m going to be pissed.

I’m not worried about death, but I can’t say I’m ready to die. It will be unlike anything I’ve ever experienced and just when it starts, the experience will be over. I dunno, I’m not sure there is any way to prepare for that.

At the same time, I can’t help it and there’s nothing I can do to ultimately prevent it, so there’s not much use worry about it.

I’m not terribly worried about dying for my own sake, but it is way too early for me to die for my daughter. She’s only six and a half. She needs her Dad longer than this.

I couldn’t decide which way to vote. I’m not ready to go, but I am okay with it.

I’m not afraid to die…I just don’t want to be there when it happens.:smiley: