Aretha Frankin gravely ill in hospital

So say reports.

She’s not dead yet so let’s say a little prayer.

Yeah. Doesn’t sound good. :frowning:

Detroit Free Press noted that after a concert in June 2017, she ended by saying “please keep my in your prayers.” Maybe she knew something back then?

TMZ is reporting cancer.

In recent years she canceled 3 or so local concerts for no reason and then finally showed up for one a few years back.

I’ve noticed with celebs it’s common for the “gravely ill” statement to come out a day before they die.

I’m sorry to hear about it. Aretha is one of a kind and we won’t see her equal.

Wasn’t it pancreatic cancer she beat several years ago? If so, her surviving several years is quite an accomplishment. For most people, that’s an automatic death sentence.

She’s never confirmed what that surgery was for.

Hey nineteen
That’s 'Retha Franklin
She don’t remember the Queen of Soul
It’s hard times befallen
The sole survivors
She thinks I’m crazy
But I’m just growing old

One of the true greats who could blow most divas off the stage. I remember when she first hit the scene and the tremendous power of that voice just mesmerized everyone. And then I heard Ain’t No Way, with Cissy Houston providing that ethereal background singing and I was lost forever. All these years later, that song nearly brings me to tears.

Aretha Sing One For Me.

Radio report today says she is down to < 90 pounds. Dammit. :frowning:

Only 76 years old. Feels like she’s been around forever.

No. No way! She’s my boob hero. I’m not even joking. She loved those massive, floppy things and loved showing them off. Made me wish I was more in love with my similar matronly pair.

Shocking news. Thanks Aretha for all you gave to the world.

You better think, think about what you’re trying to do to me.

Hey nineteen!

:slight_smile:

I always admire a celeb who does something outside their bailiwick. Aretha in a Snickers commercial was a hoot.

As much as I love Aretha, I was still a adolescent when I learned that, yes, there is such a thing as two much boobage.

One of my favorites; A Rose is Still a Rose.